Wednesday, July 29, 2026

The Foundations of Zionism, interview with Sabri Jiryis and Fida Jiryis - YouTube

The Foundations of Zionism, with Sabri Jiryis and Fida Jiryis - YouTube

The Foundations of Zionism, interview with Sabri Jiryis and Fida Jiryis
The Electronic Intifada
13,568 views  Mar 15, 2026 
==
“The history of Zionism is wide and complex, entwined in the history of many peoples and states, and extends over a relatively long period,” writes Palestinian scholar Sabri Jiryis.

His new 600-page book, The Foundations of Zionism, published by Ebb Books, is, as Jiryis writes, “the inner story of Zionism.”

He joined The Electronic Intifada from his village of Fassouta in the Galilee, northern Palestine, along with his daughter, Fida Jiryis, to talk about his historical research and the current implications of the US-Israeli war on Iran.
===
Transcript
===
0:000 secondsHello and welcome back to the electronic andifat podcast. I'm Nora Barrows Freriedman. The history of Zionism is
0:077 secondswide and complex, entwined in the history of many peoples and states and extends over a relatively long period,
0:1616 secondswrites scholar Sabri Jas, our guest today. His new book, The Foundations of Zionism, which we're going to be talking
0:2424 secondsabout, quote, is essentially the inner story of Zionism, starting from the reasons for its emergence and spread
0:3232 secondsthrough its proponents and ideology in its various stages, its organizations, parties, and institutions, and ending
0:4040 secondswith its efforts to control Palestine and the region, which culminated in their first and primary phase in the
0:4848 secondsestablishment of Israel. Of course, it was also necessary to complete the picture, to follow international and
0:5555 secondsArab conditions that enabled or allowed Zionism to achieve a large part of its goals. He writes, "Jiras served in the
1:041 minute, 4 secondsPalestine Liberation Organization as director of its research center. He was a member of the Palestine National
1:111 minute, 11 secondsCouncil and the FATA advisory council and he was an adviser to Yaser Arafat on Israeli affairs. Sabri is the author of
1:201 minute, 20 secondsthe Arabs in Israel published in 1966 and in 2025 he was the recipient of the
1:271 minute, 27 secondsArab historian award from the union of Arab historians. He joins us from Galilee in the northern palis in northern Palestine along with his daughter Fida Jirius Sabri and Fida.
1:391 minute, 39 secondsIt's so good to see you and to have you here on the electronic and podcast.
1:461 minute, 46 secondsThank you.
1:501 minute, 50 secondsThank you. So uh Sabri, let's uh begin with uh your
1:581 minute, 58 secondsbook, The Foundations of Zionism. It was first published as a series of volumes in 1977 and in 1986. And this is the
2:072 minutes, 7 secondsfirst time it's been compiled and translated into English which was done by your daughter Fida. And it's a
2:142 minutes, 14 secondsmeticulous chronicle of the historic origins of the Zionist movement and Zionism as a political ideology. And in
2:212 minutes, 21 secondsfact, the first 200 pages or so of the book dives into just the first few decades of uh the European Zionist
2:292 minutes, 29 secondsproject, decades before the establishment of the state of Israel.
2:332 minutes, 33 secondsAnd then it moves into the political mechanics of Zionism in the early 20th century that of course culminated in the
2:412 minutes, 41 secondsNekba in 1948, which you lived through as a young boy. Can you talk about your research and your scholarship of Zionism
2:502 minutes, 50 secondsand how you documented this uh this ideology?
2:592 minutes, 59 secondsFirst of all, I am part of this ideology.
3:043 minutes, 4 secondsI was 10 years old when this empire of Israel was established.
3:123 minutes, 12 secondsAnd from that from the first day that that this state was established until today I am following it closely in all aspects.
3:233 minutes, 23 secondsSo this is part of my life.
3:283 minutes, 28 secondsNow as for my studies I finished my elementary school here in Fasutra and then the high school at Nazareth then
3:383 minutes, 38 secondsschool a monk sorry is exactly a a dormator school a boarding school and
3:453 minutes, 45 secondsthen I went to the university and I graduated from the faculty of law.
3:523 minutes, 52 secondsSo I got a good knowledge of all the aspects of Israeli life, activity, history and so on.
4:014 minutes, 1 secondAnd since I had a strong feeling of what has happened to the Palestinians, I
4:084 minutes, 8 secondsstarted study studying this uh movement slowly and slowly.
4:144 minutes, 14 secondsOf course, being a graduate of the Hebrew University and knowing Hebrew good, I could easily follow it in all of
4:224 minutes, 22 secondsits aspects. I mean, Hebrew, English, Arabic, everything. And that's so, so it was not difficult for me to follow it up
4:314 minutes, 31 secondsand even today it's not difficult. So, this is not for me. This is not a challenge at all. It was so easy to do it.
4:414 minutes, 41 secondsAnd you know, I mean, it's it's so uh granular all of this uh this material that you've collected over the decades.
4:524 minutes, 52 secondsUm can you talk a little bit about uh you know the the process? Actually, I
5:015 minutes, 1 secondwant to bring Fida into here into this conversation, too, because translating it into English, having all of this
5:085 minutes, 8 secondswealth of knowledge and and going through the archives and and uh you know, producing really this compilation
5:165 minutes, 16 secondsof of the documents of how Zionism was established and um and what it has
5:235 minutes, 23 secondsinflicted on Palestinians and people across the region. um I think is is incredibly critical at this moment. Um
5:315 minutes, 31 secondsFida, I was recently listening to a conversation um between you and Nick Estus of the Red Nation podcast and and
5:405 minutes, 40 secondsyou were talking about how in the process of translating your father's book, The Foundations of Zionism, you felt like it was watching a horror film
5:485 minutes, 48 secondsand knowing how it ends. Um the history of this project from its inception in Europe to the Balffor de declaration to
5:565 minutes, 56 secondsthe British mandate period and then culminating in the Nekba is a horror story. It's its expulsion, its dehumanization.
6:046 minutes, 4 secondsIt's about the domination of someone else's land. Can you talk about um uh
6:116 minutes, 11 secondswhat it was like? Look, let me just remind you when I wrote this book, there
6:186 minutes, 18 secondswas no AI, okay?
6:236 minutes, 23 secondsThere was no internet and I had to collect the material from books all around from the libraries. Is
6:326 minutes, 32 secondsthat okay? There you could find nothing on the internet. There was no internet at all.
6:386 minutes, 38 secondsAnd still you know I spent too much time until I collected it and read it and made it. It's okay.
6:456 minutes, 45 secondsAnd Fida in translating it again did the same thing.
6:506 minutes, 50 secondsAnd not only that she forced me to read the translation twice.
6:576 minutes, 57 secondsFirst the first time when she finished the translation and she really did a great effort to
7:047 minutes, 4 secondsmake it. And the next time when the editor, the publisher edit it and I had to to pass over it again.
7:137 minutes, 13 secondsSo I mean the facilities which researchers have now how to get material
7:197 minutes, 19 secondsto AI and so on, we didn't have it at all. It was very difficult a very tedious job that we have done.
7:297 minutes, 29 secondsYeah. I mean it it is uh it's kind of unimaginable for someone you know of of
7:367 minutes, 36 secondsum of the younger generations um under I mean you must have spent so many years
7:447 minutes, 44 secondsyou know in the stacks of of libraries and and in you know these Yeah. Fida,
7:517 minutes, 51 secondsum, talk about what what the process was like in translating this and and working with your father, um, in in the, you
7:587 minutes, 58 secondsknow, these mountains of research that he has done uh, since the 1960s.
8:088 minutes, 8 secondsThank you very much, Nora, and thank you for having us uh today. It's an honor to be with you on electronic inif actually I want to make the two points.
8:198 minutes, 19 secondsThe first one is um the one that my father mentioned. I was really amazed uh really during the process of translation
8:288 minutes, 28 secondsand all the time this memory kept coming to my mind of when I was a small child uh in Beirut, my father had the habit of
8:368 minutes, 36 secondsputting little uh yellow uh pieces of paper or cards, those white uh square small cards inside uh the pages of books
8:458 minutes, 45 secondsthat he was reading. And only later now in retrospect did I understand he was actually putting reference points along
8:528 minutes, 52 secondsall these books because as he said at the time of course he was doing all of this manually. This was one thing that very much struck me when we worked on
9:009 minutesthis translation the depth of material in the book and how tedious as he said it was to actually collect compile and
9:099 minutes, 9 secondsthen present this in in um in a logical fashion in the way that he did. Uh this
9:169 minutes, 16 secondswas the first thing um about the material itself.
9:209 minutes, 20 secondsWhat struck me the most was in following the progression of the Zionist movement and finding out all this information
9:279 minutes, 27 secondswhich actually to this detail before reading my father's book I didn't know um was the fact that in all of this time
9:369 minutes, 36 secondsthe way the Zionist movement came about it completely ignored and didn't see the presence of anybody else on this land
9:449 minutes, 44 secondsand in a way you know going back to your phrase a horror show all of the plans all of the immig immigration to the country. Everything that was uh set up was done as though nobody existed in it.
9:579 minutes, 57 secondsAnd this was the disbelief that I carried really from the beginning to the end. You know, it it there's only one place in the book where it's mentioned
10:0410 minutes, 4 secondsthat uh one of Herzel's aids, you know, found out and rushed up to him and he said to him, "We're b making a big
10:1210 minutes, 12 secondsmistake. There are Arabs on the land and so on." It was really just an afterthought.
10:1610 minutes, 16 secondsUh and this to a large extent explains the situation we're in today. Uh because there was never any consideration given to the true impact of this project.
10:2810 minutes, 28 secondsYeah, I think that's um that's a component that's um you know and and Sabri you talk about this you know these
10:3510 minutes, 35 secondsfoundational myths of Zionism. Um can you can you walk us through some of these foundational myths um and and and
10:4510 minutes, 45 secondsand talk about how um you know it it was a process that was created you know there there's there are
10:5410 minutes, 54 secondsvarious factors in the invention of Jewish Zionism but it was created and that implies that it is a process that
11:0111 minutes, 1 secondcan be engineered in reverse. Um, how was Zionism created and and and do you see a possibility of it being unlearned?
11:1311 minutes, 13 secondsAs it is not the the Zionists would like to present their movement as it was, you
11:2011 minutes, 20 secondsknow, eternal, as it was always with the Jews since they were born, since they were, which is the very big lie.
11:3211 minutes, 32 secondsuh for example from the day from 7370
11:3911 minutes, 39 secondsafter death until 1,900 all in all there were something like
11:4611 minutes, 46 seconds50,000 Jews in Palestine for 18 centuries
11:5311 minutes, 53 secondsthe Jews never came to Palestine now when they suffered under the
12:0212 minutes, 2 secondsin Russia and they had to immigrate there because the Russian government persecuted them as they they
12:1012 minutes, 10 secondshad a big ratio in the revolutionary movements. 2 million of them went to the
12:1712 minutes, 17 secondsUnited States and 1% of the immigrants came to Palestine.
12:2512 minutes, 25 secondsNow it's clear, it's so clear, very well known and I mean you can find it everywhere.
12:3212 minutes, 32 secondsThis Zionist movement is simply a colonialist movement. No more and no less
12:4012 minutes, 40 secondsand it couldn't be otherwise because it was formed and it was
12:4712 minutes, 47 secondsdeveloped and it grew up in the second half of the 19th century. I mean 1850
12:5512 minutes, 55 secondsand onwards from 1850 to 1,900 in the 19th century it was the big of of
13:0513 minutes, 5 secondsEuropean colonialism by 19,190 the European powers were already
13:1513 minutes, 15 secondsthe controlling all of Asia and Africa the two continents all of them all all
13:2313 minutes, 23 secondsstates or entities there or people whatever I mean imperialism of everywhere
13:3013 minutes, 30 secondsand in this atmosphere in which they crystallized it couldn't be otherwise there was then at those
13:3913 minutes, 39 secondsdays there was no self-determination no independence no the right of people to do for themselves etc etc these all all
13:4713 minutes, 47 secondsthese things are new things then it was colonialism no more and no less And you find it in all of their
13:5613 minutes, 56 secondswritings. I find it all everywhere in all of them. They were roaming around their leaders in Europe trying to make
14:0514 minutes, 5 secondscontacts with the princes and the kings and the rulers of Europe to ask them to
14:1214 minutes, 12 secondsgive them to help them to make a state in Palestine for the exchange that they
14:1814 minutes, 18 secondswill be agents for Europe to defend let's say against the savage Arabs or
14:2514 minutes, 25 secondsthe savage east and I am sorry to say that's what are they doing today
14:3414 minutes, 34 secondsin their collaboration with his excellency Trump fighting
14:4214 minutes, 42 secondsIran and attacking Lebanon and attacking Palestine and etc etc etc it's so clear I mean it's so clear you
14:5114 minutes, 51 secondsdon't you don't need any you know any more force to find it they write it everywhere in all of their
14:5814 minutes, 58 secondswritings And there is something good about them.
15:0315 minutes, 3 secondsIn fact, very good. There was no one single Z leader that they didn't read
15:1215 minutes, 12 secondsanything in writing either books or pamphlets or articles. Everybody okay?
15:1815 minutes, 18 secondsAll of them they write too much. They talk too much. And I have passed over all those writings. I didn't take the
15:2515 minutes, 25 secondssources from somebody who is commenting on them. I read their own articles and books and bins and all of them they said
15:3315 minutes, 33 secondsthis way just it is a colonialist imperialist movement you know aggressive
15:4215 minutes, 42 secondsexclusive just it wants everything for itself and that's all.
15:5115 minutes, 51 secondsYeah. I mean that's one of the most uh startling um aspects of this is how you
15:5915 minutes, 59 secondsknow overt and obvious and proud they were especially in those in those older
16:0816 minutes, 8 secondsold days um you know during the Zionist Congress and during the first few you know uh visits um to to Palestine where
16:1716 minutes, 17 secondsthey were setting up these designs on the land um they were they were bragging
16:2316 minutes, 23 secondsabout uh what their plans were and they still are bragging about what their plans are. You know there's this the
16:3216 minutes, 32 secondsnotion. Yeah, you are right. Look, for example, they want relations with everybody in the Middle East except the Palestinians.
16:4416 minutes, 44 secondsThey don't want to deal with the Palestinians. The Palestinians have to vanish.
16:4816 minutes, 48 secondsthere are after 130 or 40 years of their activity we the Palestinians are still 50% of the
16:5716 minutes, 57 secondspopulation in historical Palestine and when they within let us say I think within a decade the number of
17:0617 minutes, 6 secondsPalestinians the world over all over would be more than the Jews all over the world
17:1417 minutes, 14 secondsI mean we are now 13 14 they are 15 16 Just give it 10 years and we will exceed them. And they still they don't want to
17:2217 minutes, 22 secondssee us. We have to vanish to scream away, you know, to evaporate. And that's it. They want their own that the land.
17:3217 minutes, 32 secondsAnd not only this, they also want to control uh Egypt, to control Jordan, to
17:3917 minutes, 39 secondshit Lebanon, to break Iran, to occupy Iraq, to steal the wealth of the Gulf, etc.,
17:4917 minutes, 49 secondsetc. No kidding. No playing. And they say just blank like that. No, no, they they don't hide it.
18:0018 minutesand see now what they are doing with Excellency Trump.
18:1018 minutes, 10 secondsCan you uh talk about how important it is to and I asked this a little while
18:1718 minutes, 17 secondsago too, but but can you can you talk a little bit more about how important it is to have this kind of documentation
18:2418 minutes, 24 secondsfor the first time in English? Who is the audience that you're trying to reach with this book and why is it so important right now?
18:3418 minutes, 34 secondsThis the idea in fact in fact to have it in English was of fidas. She has
18:4118 minutes, 41 secondsexhausted that after reading it for her own purposes. she wrote her uh uh
18:4818 minutes, 48 secondsmemoirs and shared the material and then she came to me and said that this is a very important material and I think we
18:5618 minutes, 56 secondsshould translate it to English. I said it's okay as far as I am because who said it's okay you can go on and then
19:0319 minutes, 3 secondsshe went on and so forth but I tell you something I like it this way I like the English and I like this this edition
19:1319 minutes, 13 secondsbecause all over all over there is a very big lie about the nature of Zionism and all of them write about it that it
19:2119 minutes, 21 secondsis the they even think that it is a national revelation movement when In fact, it is now more than a colonial
19:3019 minutes, 30 secondsmovement. So for me, I just wanted something.
19:3619 minutes, 36 secondsIn fact, once I I I suggested another uh
19:4319 minutes, 43 secondstitle for the book, an alternative history of Zionism.
19:4919 minutes, 49 secondsBut then I was told it's better not to have it because in fact it is an alternative history. I wanted to expose
19:5819 minutes, 58 secondsor to I mean to introduce Zionism in its reality not the way so many authors
20:0520 minutes, 5 secondseverybody you know they let let's say in fact they forge they I mean what they
20:1120 minutes, 11 secondswrite is is just a forgery it's not right is it as as if the use all over their
20:2020 minutes, 20 secondshistory were only longing and dreaming to return them to Palestine and they were always which is never
20:2820 minutes, 28 secondstrue. Never. It was never true. One of the great Jewish historians, Professor Donov,
20:3720 minutes, 37 secondswho was uh killed during the during the Second World War, wrote a 12 volume history of
20:4720 minutes, 47 secondsthe Jews of Jews all over the world.
20:5220 minutes, 52 secondsHe came with the conclusion and he proved it that the Jews were never a nation neither Jews nor theism. They
21:0221 minutes, 2 secondswere religious communities living a venorious people and all of their lives
21:0921 minutes, 9 secondssince they were found up to that day they always behaved as religious communities living among the Gentiles.
21:1921 minutes, 19 secondsNo more, no less.
21:2321 minutes, 23 secondsAnd the notion that they are in a a nation by itself and they were all but dreaming to do a state etc and so on.
21:3121 minutes, 31 secondsIt's not true at all. And that's why I like the this book to appear in English
21:3921 minutes, 39 secondsso everybody can read it and see what exactly happened there.
21:4821 minutes, 48 secondsFida, do you w to jump in and um and talk about uh talk about, you know, your
21:5721 minutes, 57 secondsum just what what you learned. I mean, of course, you know, you grew up with your dad. Uh you grew up with all of this
22:0422 minutes, 4 secondshistory. You you grew up in exile um as well. uh what does it and you and you've
22:1122 minutes, 11 secondswritten about it in in uh in your memoir. um talk a little bit about uh
22:1722 minutes, 17 secondsyour childhood and and what it means to work with your dad at this stage in his life at this at you know now we're you
22:2622 minutes, 26 secondsknow almost 78 years almost uh since the Nakba um uh and and what this book has
22:3422 minutes, 34 secondsmeant for you personally but also what you hope it means kind of communally uh for Palestinians uh also in exile and
22:4322 minutes, 43 secondsand for people in the English- speakaking world.
22:4622 minutes, 46 secondsThank you, Nora. The book to me was a real uh eyeopener. Uh and I say that
22:5322 minutes, 53 secondsbecause yes, as you kindly said, you know, growing up with my father, being exposed all the time, uh to the
23:0123 minutes, 1 secondPalestinian cause, uh also through his work, through even the community we were with, the books and newspapers and things I found around me in the house.
23:1123 minutes, 11 secondsBut really to come to such an indepth understanding of Zionism and how it came about and the origins and really how it
23:1823 minutes, 18 secondsdeveloped in the early stages was something that I like many fellow Palestinians and many people who are
23:2523 minutes, 25 secondseven experts on this conflict. I doubt that they you know that they would know to this detail.
23:3223 minutes, 32 secondsWorking with this book uh fulfilled several things. First it really felt like a mission. My father
23:4023 minutes, 40 secondshaving completed all of this invaluable work in my humble opinion really needed to get out to the world and not remain confined to the spheres of history.
23:4923 minutes, 49 secondsRemember these books are now almost half a century old that he wrote. So I thought we need to breathe life into them and to make it accessible to a
23:5723 minutes, 57 secondswider audience, especially as the Palestinian issue and Zionism had really gotten to a point of such ferocious
24:0624 minutes, 6 secondsconflict that we're now really looking at, you know, backbreaking horrors. Um, and that I felt this was a family
24:1424 minutes, 14 secondscontribution. This was my part and my father's part in bringing to light how this in my opinion and in many people's
24:2124 minutes, 21 secondsopinion terrible you know anti-semitic movement came about actually it not only hurt the Jews it hurt the Palestinians
24:2924 minutes, 29 secondsit's hurting everyone in the region we see the terrible consequences today um but it also you know in a family
24:3824 minutes, 38 secondssense it meant a lot because it was propagating my father's writings to the world it was even in a way staying true
24:4524 minutes, 45 secondsto the memory of my mother, my late mother who was killed uh during the war in Beirut when we were there and who had actually helped my father with the
24:5324 minutes, 53 secondssources for this book and with checking sections of it. And I remember when I started to read the second section and I saw my father had written to her, you
25:0225 minutes, 2 secondsknow, it was dedicated to her. It came out after her untimely death and he said, you know, who helped me so much with it but was not destined to see it.
25:1125 minutes, 11 secondsSo to me it was really the closing of several circles both uh for my people, for my family, for the
25:1825 minutes, 18 secondspublic at large, for my cause. It really closed many circles at the same time.
25:2525 minutes, 25 secondsI love that. I love that. Um, yeah, it's so it's so deep and it's so layered and
25:3225 minutes, 32 secondsum and it's so important to to be able to articulate this history and um you
25:3925 minutes, 39 secondsknow really illustrate how Zionism um has destroyed so much and and not
25:4625 minutes, 46 secondsjust in in terms of lives or in terms of land but in terms of of families and um
25:5425 minutes, 54 secondsand and this intergenerational multigener generational trauma um and and exile and the trauma of of of being
26:0326 minutes, 3 secondsin exile. Um Sabri, if you can talk a little bit about um about your time in
26:1026 minutes, 10 secondsBeirut in Beirut um when your children were young um as as Fidas said, uh your wife was was killed um by the Israelis.
26:2126 minutes, 21 secondsUm there you know you worked at the research center of the PLO. Talk about the
26:2926 minutes, 29 secondsPalestine Research Center, what your work looked like there in those days and why the Israelis were so intent on destroying this history.
26:4026 minutes, 40 secondsLook, this this research center I think I
26:4726 minutes, 47 secondsthink it was the first if not the first the second uh Palestinian establishment
26:5626 minutes, 56 secondsthat had to deal with the history of Palestine to document it and to conduct research
27:0227 minutes, 2 secondson it because before that and since the NKBA and even before the Nakba there was
27:1027 minutes, 10 secondsno central you know uh Palestinian body or institute and so on that is dealing with the history of Palestine.
27:1927 minutes, 19 secondsSo the PLO has decided that the time has come to do this thing and then they did it.
27:2627 minutes, 26 seconds91 uh when I became I mean the I joined the center six or five or six years
27:3327 minutes, 33 secondsafter it was established in 1965. It was established. I joined in 1973 just right
27:4127 minutes, 41 secondsafter the Clober war and I stayed as director there until the
27:4827 minutes, 48 secondsyear 2004 when I retired after the death of the chairman Ira we were doing
27:5727 minutes, 57 secondsyou know I mean very simple but basic work we were
28:0528 minutes, 5 secondsconducting research on the Palestine question and we were publishing it and we were documenting the the all issues
28:1328 minutes, 13 secondsthat I mean the the all of our cause we then since 1971
28:2028 minutes, 20 secondsand up today we are issuing a the Palestine affairs shalest journal that
28:2828 minutes, 28 secondsyou know it's I mean a a serious research publication that is accomping the
28:3528 minutes, 35 secondsPalestinian Because from that for now about 36 years or something like that
28:4328 minutes, 43 secondswe had published as I say dozens of books all kinds of books on all aspects
28:4928 minutes, 49 secondsof the Palestine question and you know from time to time we were hit, we were
28:5728 minutes, 57 secondsdestroyed, we were killed all you know all kind then we had to stop working and then we
29:0429 minutes, 4 secondscame again and again I mean to activity and now the center is
29:1329 minutes, 13 secondsworking almost fully in Ramallah and it's going on and it's becoming part
29:2229 minutes, 22 secondsof I mean the whole Palestinian I would say cultural organizations with the national library and the national archives etc etc.
29:3429 minutes, 34 secondsSo what we did then I mean was a bioneering or
29:4029 minutes, 40 secondswe were just something like bioneers especially especially in introducing
29:4729 minutes, 47 secondsZionism and Israel to the Arab world and exposing really what is really Zionism
29:5729 minutes, 57 secondswithout exaggeration without falsifications without you know uh
30:0430 minutes, 4 secondsany I mean mistake making etc just exactly what is it and I think we have
30:1230 minutes, 12 secondsdone a good job because I feel it in the press in everyday life
30:2030 minutes, 20 secondsin all comments of all Palestinian almost every Palestinian Palestinian intellectuals
30:2930 minutes, 29 secondsmore or less they really know what is Zionism and what is Israel And I think in this aspect we really succeeded.
30:3930 minutes, 39 secondsYeah, I I agree. Um and you know it it it wasn't just about also documenting um
30:4830 minutes, 48 secondsyou know what had happened in the past but it was also about um understanding what happened to you personally and what
30:5530 minutes, 55 secondshappened to 800,000 Palestinians who were expelled. what happened to the 160,000 Palestinians who remained and
31:0331 minutes, 3 secondswere put in, you know, under martial law uh were expelled. Can you talk about your your experience in the Nakba?
31:1131 minutes, 11 secondsI had my own suffering. I had my own loss. Okay.
31:1631 minutes, 16 secondsBut in fact, every other Palestinian has lost and had suffered. I have seen the 1948
31:2431 minutes, 24 secondsrefugees passing through my village and go to Lebanon.
31:2931 minutes, 29 secondsI have seen them when I was 10 years old. I have seen the Arab villages destroyed. Five or six Arab villages around Fasa has vanished.
31:4231 minutes, 42 secondsAnd since that time I have followed up and I completed all of the main let's
31:4931 minutes, 49 secondssay episodes of the Palestine question.
31:5531 minutes, 55 secondsEverybody almost I don't think there is one single Palestinian family that didn't have some loss one way or another
32:0432 minutes, 4 secondsfrom this timeless movement. Every family, all of them, all areas in the West Bank, in Gaza,
32:1332 minutes, 13 secondsinside Israel, what called Israel now 1948. Okay. They are following even the
32:1932 minutes, 19 secondsPalestinians abroad and trying to kill them and prevent them from working etc.
32:2432 minutes, 24 secondsYou know it. I mean they are criminal just criminals.
32:3132 minutes, 31 secondsSo in fact the fact that I had as something I know it's difficult it's I
32:3832 minutes, 38 secondsmean hurting and so on but others also suffer the same and I thought that that
32:4532 minutes, 45 secondswhat has was always driving me to do something good to help my people
32:5332 minutes, 53 secondsand by the way also helping these stupid Israelis
32:5932 minutes, 59 secondsto come down ologic and find a certain solution and stop killing other people.
33:0833 minutes, 8 secondsTell us about fasut in in those days before the nakba. You were 10 years old when the nakba happened. Um tell us about what fasuta was like.
33:1733 minutes, 17 secondsFasut compared with the other villages was lucky very lucky.
33:2533 minutes, 25 secondsIt's I'm feel in fact it's not only fac all of western Delhi
33:3333 minutes, 33 secondsthis area where I am living in fas it's in mean it's in in the utmost north west
33:4133 minutes, 41 secondspart of Palestine we are just now five about 2 kilometers away from the
33:4833 minutes, 48 secondsLebanese border half an hour ago about I I mean there was such a barage of
33:5733 minutes, 57 secondsshells that I couldn't believe it. I have never seen it before. I don't know why what happened to them and they were
34:0334 minutes, 3 secondssharing Lebanon. Okay. But what happened to Vasuta and to Western Galilee is that it was occupied
34:1334 minutes, 13 secondsat the end of the war at the end of 1948.
34:1634 minutes, 16 secondsBy that time, but in between October and November, October, December 48, the Israelis were in a bad shape.
34:2834 minutes, 28 secondsthe the the that their state was a newborn and of the problem of the Palestinian
34:3634 minutes, 36 secondsrefugees was you know pressing all over the Arab world and conquer the daughter
34:4234 minutes, 42 secondswhom they have killed whom they have ass proposed that the partitionary plan be
34:5134 minutes, 51 secondsabolished and had one single Palestinian state and the Israelis got mad. had at that
35:0035 minutesand I think that's why they assassinated him. So in fact and even they write it in their literature
35:0735 minutes, 7 secondsthey didn't want any more refugees to come out of Galilee and believe it or not in all of the
35:1735 minutes, 17 secondsareas they were surrounding the villages and leaving one one single exit either to Jordan or to Lebanon or to Syria.
35:3135 minutes, 31 secondswhen they occupied Fasuta and the other parts of Gaeli, first of all, they sealed the northern border and believe
35:4035 minutes, 40 secondsit or not, they prevented people from going away.
35:4435 minutes, 44 secondsThey returned all of the people because they didn't want any more refugees.
35:5035 minutes, 50 secondsAnd that's why up to now out of the 73 or 74 villages and towns that were in
35:5935 minutes, 59 secondsthe the acre sub district before 1948 at least 67 of them or 68 are still existing.
36:0836 minutes, 8 secondsI mean when I go now here let us say if I travel from here from Futa let us say
36:1436 minutes, 14 secondsto Nazareth I pass on the road through 16 Arab towns. 16 Arab towns are on the road and there are still more.
36:2536 minutes, 25 secondsNow after that they start they did some you know some wrong things. They
36:3336 minutes, 33 secondsthrew away they drove away the people of Ekit which is just to the north of us 2
36:3936 minutes, 39 secondskilometers to the north of Daram and some villages here and there but in western
36:4836 minutes, 48 secondsGalilee that where I live almost 90% of the inhabitants who were there before 1948
36:5636 minutes, 56 secondsare still there are still here Now we developed, we engaged, we now con
37:0537 minutes, 5 secondsconsitute about 50% or even more of the population of the Akasha district.
37:1437 minutes, 14 secondsOkay? And if you come here, you can almost feel this is a mini Palestinian
37:2037 minutes, 20 secondsstate. I mean in my daily life, okay, rolling around. In fact, really really I
37:2837 minutes, 28 secondsdon't need to deal with Israelis neither with you.
37:3437 minutes, 34 secondsWe have Palestinians who are engineers, doctors, lawyers, policemen, okay?
37:4137 minutes, 41 secondsGarage owners, pharmacists, whatever you want. We are a
37:4837 minutes, 48 secondssmall community living by itself and we are flourishing and trying to do our best despite you know all of the
37:5737 minutes, 57 secondsdisciplation that that they apply to us.
38:0238 minutes, 2 secondsNow, Futa was one among the those villages.
38:0838 minutes, 8 secondsIn fact, we suffered no I mean no casualities. Nobody was killed. Uh we didn't lose too many lands because we
38:1638 minutes, 16 secondsreally didn't have too many lands to be confiscated and we are on a hills on a hilly
38:2538 minutes, 25 secondsmountains area which the Jews don't like because they cannot establish
38:3238 minutes, 32 secondssettlements on it. So they some small spots here and there but we have no
38:4138 minutes, 41 secondssettlements nothing. I mean they can't they just can't live there and that's what we are going on and and
38:5038 minutes, 50 secondsit's so flawless that we have so many people like Fida here
38:5738 minutes, 57 secondswe are 3,600 people in Fasuta 110th of us are university graduates we
39:0639 minutes, 6 secondshave about 350 university graduates in this small village English. Okay. And 60% of them are women.
39:1939 minutes, 19 secondsAll right. There are we have more women university graduates than men
39:2539 minutes, 25 secondsand we are continuing to live. I mean hoping that it would be better.
39:3639 minutes, 36 secondsI I I love that and I can't wait to visit. Um and um you know we I don't
39:4339 minutes, 43 secondsknow Fida what does it um what does it mean to you to hear your
39:5139 minutes, 51 secondsdad of the Nakba generation talk about uh talk about Futa as it was and as it
39:5839 minutes, 58 secondsremains now. Does this give you hope for you know at this time I mean you know it
40:0640 minutes, 6 secondsthe the region is on fire as your dad was saying there is a USIsraeli war on Iran. It it feels in so many ways like
40:1540 minutes, 15 secondslike this this is an existential war on all of these fronts. Um,
40:2240 minutes, 22 secondswhat gives what gives you hope? Um, as as as a as a writer, as a translator, as someone who has grown up um hearing
40:3140 minutes, 31 secondsthese stories from your dad, where do you find it right now?
40:3740 minutes, 37 secondsIt's a difficult question, Nora, because right now perhaps I depend on my father a lot for the
40:4540 minutes, 45 secondshope. when I I we speak very often about the situation. I like to hear his analysis uh of what's going on. It
40:5340 minutes, 53 secondsalways gives a much more nuanced uh than you know than the media. Especially because I work in the media. So most of my work is just relaying the news as is.
41:0241 minutes, 2 secondsMy father tends to give me the you know the behind the uh the scenes or the news the bigger picture.
41:0941 minutes, 9 secondsErh, I'd like to touch on one point that he spoke about when he said it's almost a mini uh Palestine in a way. Um, as
41:1941 minutes, 19 secondsheartening as that is because it points to a story of survival against all odds really because of the sheer plethora of
41:2741 minutes, 27 secondsdiscriminatory and horribly repressive practices and laws and everything that people have endured for decades. So, as
41:3441 minutes, 34 secondsheartening as it is as a story of survival, it's also very depressing in that even decades later, there is no
41:4241 minutes, 42 secondsintegration among the Jews and the Palestinians in historic Palestine.
41:4741 minutes, 47 secondsUh, in my own personal dealings, I have felt this. You know, you you deal with each other with the minimum that's needed. You conduct your business,
41:5541 minutes, 55 secondswhether it's at the health center, the pharmacy, the the national insurance, whatever you need to do, and then you go away. There is no I mean there are some
42:0442 minutes, 4 secondspleasant exchanges and pleasantries and so on but to talk about a real social integration it doesn't exist. So on the
42:1342 minutes, 13 secondsone hand it's heartening on the other hand it's very depressing because here we are and this takes us back to the nature of this book and to the reason
42:2142 minutes, 21 secondswe're having this discussion today. It all boils down to the nature of Zionism as a fundamentally exclusivist and
42:3042 minutes, 30 secondssupremacist move that doesn't want anybody else. And so try as we might, right? I wrote about this in my book
42:3842 minutes, 38 secondsalso, we are expected to man the shawarma and the falafel stores and do the hard work in the state that nobody
42:4542 minutes, 45 secondswants to do and then quietly disappear into our hamlets and not cause too much trouble after that.
42:5142 minutes, 51 secondsUm hope at the moment for me is is difficult. I will be honest in in a time where we are really uh you know facing
42:5942 minutes, 59 secondsso much on so many levels. However um perhaps as you and I spoke it feels at the beginning it feels like maybe this
43:0743 minutes, 7 secondsis the part of or the start of the big battle which will eventually determine the course of Zionism because it is
43:1443 minutes, 14 secondsimpossible. It is simply unsustainable to continue as Israel is doing right now.
43:2343 minutes, 23 secondsThank you for that. Um, yes. Yes. The the, you know, the these stories that
43:2943 minutes, 29 secondsplay out um that it's become normalized to to be an apartheid state. Um, you
43:3743 minutes, 37 secondsknow, that's what that's what Zionism uh encouraged. That's what it keeps encouraging. It is an exclusionary
43:4543 minutes, 45 secondsuh you know exceptionalist um state and ideology.
43:5143 minutes, 51 secondsUh Sabri the same question to you you know I mean I don't know about a year
43:5743 minutes, 57 secondsago time is like a very strange concept for me right now but a year ago you know well into the genocide of Gaza uh
44:0644 minutes, 6 secondshistorian Elan Pepe said this is the beginning of the end of Zionism. Um do you do you share that
44:1644 minutes, 16 secondsanalysis? What where do you think Zionism goes from here?
44:2244 minutes, 22 secondsI hope it would be the beginning I mean of the end of Zionism.
44:2844 minutes, 28 secondsOkay. Because look for example there's something h good that's happening because that if if you can say about
44:3744 minutes, 37 secondsgenocide it brings something good and now the Israelis almost are not wanted in the Middle East.
44:4844 minutes, 48 secondsEgypt is not although it had a peace treaty with them
44:5544 minutes, 55 secondsfor two years now they have no ambassador in Israel and they don't let an Israeli ambassador
45:0445 minutes, 4 secondscome to them they don't Turkey you know how much they love the
45:1145 minutes, 11 secondsIsraelis the Saudi Arabians Okay.
45:1945 minutes, 19 secondsHave made it clear that they will have no recognitions and no Araham records. No
45:2845 minutes, 28 secondsAra records and no peace treaty with Israel unless they accept the right of the Palestinians to
45:3645 minutes, 36 secondsestablish a state and Iran.
45:4245 minutes, 42 secondsYou know what is happening now? I mean between Iran and the other. In other words, nobody nobody can be Israel in the area.
45:5345 minutes, 53 secondsSo they go around now and they want to to establish a
46:0046 minuteswhat call say a pact a deal or a front with India.
46:0846 minutes, 8 secondsLook how much far away with one Arab state. They don't mention it, but they I think it is Morocco,
46:1646 minutes, 16 secondswhich is also at the end of the Arab war. And they want to be friends with the Greeks and with Cyprus
46:2546 minutes, 25 secondsand with these four countries that are scattered all over the world. They want to make an alliance
46:3346 minutes, 33 secondsbecause of their neighbors. Nobody can bear them.
46:3946 minutes, 39 secondsAnd I hope this attitude would go on and I hope the Iranians would break their
46:4546 minutes, 45 secondsnecks and that of that or one way or another and get it run down and then
46:5246 minutes, 52 secondsIsrael by itself I think it would reach a point that it have to come to reality
46:5946 minutes, 59 secondsand make peace with the others and recognize their rights. There is no other way.
47:0647 minutes, 6 secondsfor years we are offering them really a a very reasonable
47:1347 minutes, 13 secondssolution the the thing of the two states they are getting something like more than 2/3 of the area of Palestine
47:2347 minutes, 23 secondsand they are this is not sufficient for them they want everything they want all the Palestinians to go away to control
47:3047 minutes, 30 secondsthe west bank and have the people there you know to be like slaves.
47:3847 minutes, 38 secondsIt's not I mean it is not even a colony.
47:4247 minutes, 42 secondsIt is worse than that. In colonies there were something good for the people. The West Bank is worse than a colony. In
47:5147 minutes, 51 secondsGaza you know it was a genocide and up to now they want from time to time to kill the Gazans and kill them and kill
47:5947 minutes, 59 secondsthem and prevent them from going on. But my estimate that they are going towards
48:0748 minutes, 7 secondsthe end of the road and then they will reach the closed area. They cannot go for hopefully that would come very soon.
48:1948 minutes, 19 secondsUh finally Fida tell us uh about the book where people can buy it. It's called the foundations of Zionism.
48:2848 minutes, 28 secondsUm and uh and Sabri if you're going to be doing any speaking events um about it.
48:3648 minutes, 36 secondsWe are trying to arrange uh some uh uh events uh in person. It's a little uh difficult you know especially as a lot
48:4448 minutes, 44 secondsof the interests in the states and so on. So we are doing as many of these interviews uh as we can to get the word
48:5148 minutes, 51 secondsout to people. The book was published in London by EB books. uh people can uh go
48:5748 minutes, 57 secondson the EB books uh website. It's EBB. Uh there is a lot of links there to buy it from or I always encourage people to buy
49:0649 minutes, 6 secondsit from the educational bookshop in Jerusalem which actually ships worldwide. Uh and it would be a great support to them because they are doing
49:1449 minutes, 14 secondsan amazing job uh in the conditions we're under. Uh so I encourage that and uh I do hope people will buy the book,
49:2249 minutes, 22 secondswill read it. Uh it's a long read but I I humbly feel it's uh it's worth uh the time and it really is an eyeopener to
49:3049 minutes, 30 secondsthe origins to the development and into the ultimate uh way in which Zionism uh panned out and continues today.
49:3949 minutes, 39 secondsAbsolutely. And we'll put all of that information uh in the blog post that accompanies this podcast uh and in the show notes. I
49:4849 minutes, 48 secondsit has been such an honor um to have you both on Sidius and Sabri Jirius. Uh
49:5549 minutes, 55 secondsthank you both for all of your work and um toward liberation always. Thank you so much.
50:0250 minutes, 2 secondsThank you. Thank you.
50:0550 minutes, 5 secondsThank you very much Nora. It was great to speak with you today.
50:1450 minutes, 14 secondsThank you. It is my honor.
====
Comments
====
@samkane6966
4 months ago
I'm so happy I have we have the electronic Intifada as a reliable source

56

Reply
---
@CDK49
4 months ago
I am 76, American, and always saw Israel through the lens of the German Holocaust. My gratitude is unending that your voices are teaching us the true history of Zionism, and the European immigrants who flooded the land inherited by those who remained in West Asia for the 3,000 years the Zionists have tried to erase. I believed it was a "land without people for a people without a land" since childhood. Now, I know everything I have been taught and believed about Israel's creation, and the current pathological genocidal racist supremacist is propaganda and lies. Thank you for bringing the truth to the English-speaking world. Bless you. Your contribution is revolutionary and world-changing. All life is sacred, and no person's life is more valuable than all others.

41


Reply


1 reply

@photoAZ1414
4 months ago
Amazing interview
Thank you all so much

19


Reply


@slampersand3145
4 months ago
What a gift this is. Thank you so much 😊

14


Reply


@kirkdougherty8690
4 months ago (edited)
Thank you Nora for this wonderful interview! And, thank you Sabri and Fida for what you've been doing in the face of a genocide. This video made me pull off the shelf my copy of The Storyteller of Jerusalem: The Life and Times of Wasif Jawhariyyeh, 1904-1948 which I've only perused so far. I certainly intend to buy Sabri and Fida's book as soon as possible. Education is everything if one is to have understanding of other cultures. I have a saying which I've stated elsewhere: The wider you open your mind, your heart will open too. Thank you again.
LONG LIVE PALESTINE! 🇵🇸
VICTORY TO THE RESISTANCE! 

23


Reply


@ZOHUBRO99
4 months ago
Ya Allah paak end the occupation power Israhell and give Blessed liberty to the Palestinians Amin

14


Reply


@MangoIsMissing
4 months ago
Appreciate the interview

35


Reply


@azalia423
4 months ago
Narcissism taken to collective psychopathy now destroying the planet's health.

8


Reply


@mariajose-ud4rh
4 months ago
Thank you Electronic Intifada, and Fida Jiryis; you said it all - Israel is just a colonial project.

7


Reply


@Parzival711-x7i
4 months ago
The Ottoman census of 1878 indicated the following demographics for the Jerusalem, Nablus, and Acre districts:

Muslim - 403,795 - 85.5%

Christian - 43,659 - 9.2%

Jewish - 15,001 - 3.2%

Jewish (Foreign-born) - Est. 10,000 - 2.1%

29


Reply


3 replies

@lollydoodles-ej2qx
4 months ago
What a treat this was!

8


Reply


@evelyncraig7243
4 months ago
Thank you getting translated to english and hopefully here in uk we fing a book store that will bring it in .

15


Reply


@lah6739
4 months ago
Thank you Sabri Jiryis for your hard work and scholarship to write this book and educate the world about Zionism. Colonization around the world needs to end every where. Free the world!

3


Reply


@cheri238
4 months ago (edited)
With sincere gratitude to you, Nora, for having historian and author Sidiusi Jiryis and his daughter, Frida.
I can not wait to buy this unbelievably expansive researched book, the next book on my list. What an honor to all of you.
🙏❤️🌍🌏🌎🌿🕊🎵🎶🎵💫✨️💫✨️📚

4


Reply


@AIbot-r1k
4 months ago
Great interview. Thank you Nora.

3


Reply


@fernandooliveira1485
4 months ago
I loved this conversation! Many thanks from Portugal, and may the Palestinian cause prevail!

3


Reply


@NotAllowedOpinion
4 months ago
What a beautiful interview, this made me laugh and cry! Sabri has such a glorious spirit, I pray for both of them and all Palestinian people. 

I'm looking forward to reading the book, shukran Sabri for writing and Fida for translating, a fantastic idea. 

FREE PALESTINE 

3


Reply


@Med1na2012
4 months ago
Amazing story. Thank you for sharing. We all need to buy this book. Thank you Sabri and Fida for all your hard work. Very brave souls and thank you electronic intifada for bringing us this story ❤❤❤ ✌️

3


Reply


@syafiqsya465
4 months ago
Amazing interview

2


Reply


@hyunhweeyi3723
4 months ago
Great Interview!

2


Reply


@Disciple-of-Jesus
4 months ago
Thank you Sabri, Fida and Nora. Thank you for sharing your life, experience and knowledge.  As a 70+ year old American I am trying to understand where Zionism came from and how it crept around the world and into evangelical Christianity. I located your book and am saving to purchase it ASAP

6


Reply


@NaderNabilart
4 months ago
This is a truly inspiring conversation .. Mr. Sabri I must read your book at least once a year, this year I am going to read the new translation by the amazing writer Fida.
We in the Arab world are honored to read all the intellectual production of great Palestinian writers like you in their mother tounge. You enriched our minds and souls, and now we're happy to see the world share this wealth of knowledge with us. Thank you Nora & all the Ei team.

3


Reply


@Dischordian
4 months ago
God bless you all

1


Reply


@Mr_Sam_Sara
4 months ago
This channel along with Professor Jiangs Predictive History are my “go to” channel atm ❤ thanks everyone 🎉

2


Reply


@jaimebarretocorrea1842
4 months ago
🇮🇷🇮🇷🇮🇷

6


Reply


@jerome4038
4 months ago
They created the mythical Lie of  A Land   for a people in a land of no people .
Jehovah shalom

8


Reply


1 reply

@louisemalone2884
4 months ago
Thank you Sabri and fida ❤liberation onwards 🇵🇸

2


Reply


@1May1312
4 months ago
Many thanks to Nora and the rest of the EI team for this interview. Looking forward to reading Sabri's book!

1


Reply


@Mauri-k3c
4 months ago
Thanks Norah for your guests. I'm looking forward to reading it. There's nothing like an account from original sources to have confidence in what we read.

1


Reply


@albayork
4 months ago
What a beautiful and educational conversation. Thank you Nora 🙏🏻🇵🇸❤️

1


Reply


@hildeduc3184
4 months ago
Thank you ei!



Reply


@abwab-g8n
3 months ago
Great podcast. I'm glad I took the time to listen to this man and his encyclopedic knowledge. I'm gonna check out that book!



Reply


@akhtarmehjabeen
3 months ago
Gem of a man…❤❤



Reply


@HaltdenKopfhoch
8 days ago
This program is well suited to learn to know the author and the translator into flawless English. However, it is not at all a compensation to actually reading the EXCELLENT book itself! The 550 pages of text cover the time span from the 19. century until 1923. The book is so outstanding that I wonder if there could be any better concise work of the history of Zionism? Highly appreciated!



Reply


@TrillieThalebsPlaylistLibrary
4 months ago
Thank you, Noura, for introducing us to these wonderful teachers. I have the book with me now and I can't stand reading it! I hope to visit Fassuta very soon!



Reply


@karencontestabile6064
4 months ago (edited)
Thank you Nora, Ali, Jon and Asa 
♥️🖤🤍💚



Reply


@whateverypersonshouldconsi2757
4 months ago
Hi Nora I am not flaunting with you because I am 63 and married so let me say "you look very well today" . Keep up the amazing work.



Reply


@TheSoul-q5x
4 months ago
Thankyou. I will get the book. Sydney Australia, wonderful interview.



Reply


@saminaffi3177
4 months ago
🇵🇸

1


Reply


@KristinKlang
4 months ago
<3



Reply


@user-Rocket-Fest
4 months ago
Zionism is a highjacked term that today in a pagan void has zero relevence
Christ is the way , killings are not.

1


Reply


@DeSjaan
4 months ago
What a beautiful pair of jewels. Even Trump would have liked this podcast, him being called "excellency".



Reply


@adikravets3632
4 months ago
41:00



Reply


@maryci7794
4 months ago
Colonialism ( to me, common person) had only a single posive effect : to give to the entire world a common language to talk to each other. At high prize😑



Reply


@tracysauvage1351
4 months ago
So Israels pals are Modi, Trump and that nut job in Argentina. Wow what a bunch.

2


Reply


@andreeahara9392
4 months ago
Dear Nora, I tried to watch and listen the episode but I am sorry, I cannot ..The speaker is very knowledgeable but the delivery is just bad..Is there a way someone else can deliver this, differentlt? It's just such a pity this is so valuable insight



Reply


@shadow-karmazov
4 months ago
Here is one more video to know more about the zionist history: https://youtu.be/AKzAzbjKNF0?si=D1hhX-_TemTane9r



Reply


@WilliamFMiloglav
4 months ago
The sun never sets on all the evils spawned worldwide by the late, unlamented British Empire.



Reply


@dangale5750
4 months ago
It’s quite interesting that more people are addressing the Zionist state as Occupied Palestine or simply Palestine.



Reply


@hussainb11y
4 months ago
What about Isreal having nuclear weapons which is a very dangerous prospect about what will happen next.✌️❤️🇵🇸



Reply


@johndegrummond5130
4 months ago
Israel good will continues to decline in the US.   Epstein/Ghislaine, Gaza and recent press around Jonathan Pollard are all part of the popularity drop.

American deaths and wounded from fighting another Israel war won't help.



Reply


@erobos111
4 months ago (edited)
12:31 "This zionist movement is simply a colonialist movement; no more and no less." location-yellow-teal-barstext-green-game-over



Reply


@sdh9280
4 months ago
I am 25 minutes in to this podcast and have learned nothing about Zionism. I give up.



Reply


@N.Y.C.FreddyBling-z9u
4 months ago
The Electronic Intifada: Guests = Sabri Jiryis and Feda Jiryis~! :: May I add? : Can I add? : The 110 year period = 1820 = 1930 = had the *LEVANT and more = from = Bulgaria through = Greece = and down into **EGYPT = had the economic existence of the majority ''peoples'' been subject to the **OTTOMAN* = caliphate = controllers that IMPOSED = an ''economic'' = SHARECROPPERS = production realm wherein the = % 1 % = ONE PERCENT oligarch OWNERS basically ''enslaved'' the entire populations as referenced above. FACT :: WELL? ERGO: Poverty stricken environments existed and no Palestinian occupancy had ''truly'' existed in any form what-so-ever! ADD: Take it from here! :: THIS IS = THE TRUTH! (Zionist  venues = made it = FOR THE BETTER!)



Reply


@62gkm
4 months ago
Make Israel Palestine Again (MIPA)



Reply


@hussainb11y
4 months ago
You need to watch ' The Last Battle ' it shows you how zionism influenced the two world wars. ✌️❤️🇵🇸



Reply


@Jose_L_Lopez
4 months ago (edited)
Israel has spent trillions of dollars on an invasion and war to seize the entire territory of Gaza. A war that we don't see the end of this.
 I have a question. If one day, someone proposes that Israel buy land equivalent to the same area that the Palestinians had in 1950, with access to the sea, something similar to the southwestern border of Iran and western Pakistan and commits to build enough housing for EVERYONE, pay for the move, obviously APOLOGIZE for what happened and create a new Palestinian nation, would you Palestinians agree?

Or this sounds too crazy? Because this conflict has no other solution, this has been going on for more than half a century and caused hundreds of thousands of dead.

2


Reply


@kymaticakhyas
4 months ago (edited)
Mr Sabri, you want to call into question/ reject the notion that Jews are a nation (hence deserving of self-determination). And you say u are Palestinian. 

How can people; journalists, academics, politicians,  say with a straight face that “Palestine has always been an Arab country,” when the historical record shows the exact opposite? 

Between 1920 and 1960, the very leaders of the Arab population in the land now called Israel and the Palestinian territories rejected the idea of a Palestinian nation, denied that “Palestine” was a country, and openly identified themselves as Arabs, Syrians, or part of the greater Arab nation. The idea of a separate “Palestinian people” was not only absent, it was considered absurd. 

When the Peel Commission, a British inquiry into the Arab-Jewish conflict, questioned local Arab leaders in 1937, Auni Bey Abdul-Hadi, one of the most prominent, declared: 

"There is no such country as Palestine. ‘Palestine’ is a term the Zionists invented. Our country was for centuries part of Syria." 

That wasn’t an isolated remark, it reflected the consensus of Arab leadership at the time. The same message came from Ahmad Shukeiri, who would later become the first chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) in the 1960s. In 1956, long before the Six-Day War or the so-called “occupation,” Shukeiri said bluntly: 

"It is common knowledge that Palestine is nothing but southern Syria." 

If even the founding fathers of the modern Palestinian movement denied that Palestine ever existed as a separate Arab country, why does the world now pretend otherwise? 

Before 1948, the Arab population of Palestine referred to themselves simply as “Arabs.” Their loyalties were local, tribal, or tied to Greater Syria, not to a separate land called Palestine. There was no “Palestinian flag,” no national anthem, no parliament, and no historic capital. 

After the 1967 Six-Day War, Arab nations suffered a humiliating defeat. They realized they could not destroy Israel militarily. Instead, the Soviet Union and Arab League helped create a new strategy: erase Israel’s moral legitimacy by framing Jews as “colonial occupiers” of an ancient Arab land. 

Suddenly, the PLO,  formed in 1964 (before Israel controlled the West Bank or Gaza!), began promoting a new story: that “Palestine” was an ancient homeland stolen by Jews. Western intellectuals, eager to romanticize revolution and anti-colonial struggle, swallowed it whole. 

The facts didn’t matter.
That from the 1920s to the 1960s, Arab leaders explicitly denied the existence of any “Palestine.” That “Palestine” was a Roman invention,  the name imposed on Judea after Rome crushed the Jewish revolt in 135 CE to erase Jewish identity.
That Jews are the only people in history to have had a sovereign kingdom in this land, twice. 

A lie repeated often enough becomes accepted truth. Decades later, schoolbooks, media outlets, and political movements repeat the falsehood that “Palestine has always been an Arab country.” The lie has been told so often that it feels like truth,  even though the documentation, maps, and words of Arab leaders themselves prove otherwise. 

Today, Israel stands accused of “occupying” a state that has never existed. The descendants of those who once denied that “Palestine” existed are now claiming it always has. 

Israel does not need to invent history, it has it. The Jewish people’s continuous presence in the land of Israel spans over 3,000 years, with Jerusalem as its heart. 

So let’s be clear:
There was never an independent Arab state called Palestine.
The name was adopted only to undermine the legitimacy of Jewish self-determination.
The notion of Palestinians as a nation sans a country was invented thereafter as a potent vehicle for global Jew-hatred. 
And every time someone repeats that Palestine “was always Arab,” they are not defending justice, they are repeating Soviet-era propaganda that rewrote Middle Eastern history. 

It’s time to stop accepting historical amnesia as compassion. It’s time to stand up for truth.



Reply


@kymaticakhyas
4 months ago
Mr Sabri you say the Zionist movement is colonialist, no more no less (which is why it must ostensibly be opposed).

The conventional narrative, repeated with such mechanical regularity that it has calcified into catechism, holds that Israel is a colonial implant – a European project imposed upon an indigenous Arab population. This narrative is not merely incomplete. It is an inversion of documented history so total, so structurally dishonest, that its persistence says more about the political utility of the lie than about any deficiency in the historical record. 

Because if colonialism means anything – if it means the armed invasion of another people’s homeland, the erasure of their language, the destruction of their sacred sites, the imposition of a foreign religion, and the demographic replacement of indigenous populations – then the Arab world is not the victim of colonialism in the Levant. It is its most successful practitioner . 

The Jewish presence in the land of Israel is not a claim. It is an archaeological, linguistic, genetic, and textual fact attested across every civilization that has encountered it. 

Jews built Jerusalem roughly three thousand years ago. The First Temple stood on Mount Moriah – what the world now calls the Temple Mount – from approximately 957 BCE until the Babylonians destroyed it in 586 BCE. The Second Temple was rebuilt on the same site and stood for nearly six centuries until the Romans razed it in 70 CE. 

These are not articles of faith. They are confirmed by Babylonian chronicles, Persian imperial decrees, Greek historiography, Roman military records, and an unbroken chain of physical evidence that includes the Western Wall, the Temple Mount retaining walls, Herodian stone courses, Second Temple-period mikvaot, and inscriptions that no serious archaeologist disputes. Jews were praying on that mountain a thousand years before the Arabic language existed as a written script. 

Now consider what happened next. In 636 CE, Arab armies under Caliph Umar ibn al-Khattab conquered Jerusalem. Within sixty years, the Umayyad Caliphate constructed the Dome of the Rock in 691 CE and the Al-Aqsa Mosque in 705 CE – directly on top of the Temple Mount, directly on the ruins of the holiest site in Judaism, directly on the foundation stones where Jewish worship had occurred for a millennium before Muhammad was born. 

This was not coincidence. It was the deliberate architectural assertion of supremacy – the same practice every empire in history has employed: you conquer a people, you build your shrine on the rubble of theirs, and you declare the land was always yours. The Romans did it. The Spanish did it in Tenochtitlan. The Umayyads did it in Jerusalem. The only difference is that when Arabs did it, the modern world decided it wasn’t colonialism. 

And here is what makes the hypocrisy not merely historical but ongoing, not merely intellectual but structurally breathtaking: Israel, the Jewish state, the country that every Arab government and half the world’s activist class accuses of religious extremism and territorial supremacism – that state has not demolished the Al-Aqsa Mosque. It has not removed the Dome of the Rock. It has not even claimed sovereign worship rights on its own holiest site. 

Since capturing the Temple Mount in 1967, the successive Israeli governments have maintained the status quo under which the Jordanian-administered Waqf controls daily religious affairs, Muslims pray freely, and Jews are prohibited from praying on the mount – prohibited from praying on the very site where their temples stood for a thousand years before Islam existed. 

There are Jewish extremists who dream of rebuilding the Temple. Israel has restrained them, policed them, arrested them, and enforced a policy that privileges Muslim worship on a Jewish holy site in a Jewish state . 

Name one Arab or Muslim country that has extended one tenth of that restraint toward a religious minority’s sacred site. Name one. The silence that follows is the sound of a civilization that knows the answer but cannot say it – because saying it would require dismantling every accusation it has ever made. 

The Arab colonization of the Middle East and North Africa is not ancient history confined to textbooks. It is the living, breathing political reality of the modern region. From the seventh century onward, Arab armies swept out of the Arabian Peninsula and conquered – by sword, not by invitation – populations that were Amazigh in North Africa, Coptic in Egypt, Aramaic in Syria, Chaldean in Iraq, and Phoenician in Lebanon. These populations did not choose Arabic. They did not volunteer for Islam. 

They were conquered, administered, taxed under the jizya, linguistically absorbed over centuries, and culturally replaced so thoroughly that today they are called “Arab countries” – as though the Arabness were indigenous rather than imperial. The Amazigh of Morocco and Algeria, who inhabited North Africa for thousands of years before the first Arab horseman crossed the Sinai, are still fighting for the right to speak their own language in their own schools in their own homeland. 

The Copts of Egypt, direct descendants of the pharaonic civilization, are treated as a minority in a country their ancestors built. The Maronites of Lebanon, the Assyrians of Iraq, the Nubians of Sudan – every one of these populations predates the Arab conquest, and every one of them has been demographically marginalized by it. This is not postcolonial theory. This is the definition of colonialism, applied consistently, without ethnic exemption . 

The Arab world demands Palestinian self-determination while denying self-determination to Kurds, Amazigh, Copts, Nubians, Baluch, and every other minority that asks for the same thing inside Arab borders. 

The Arab world does not deny this history. It does something far more effective: it ignores it. It has constructed a doctrinal edifice in which colonialism is something that only Europeans do, in which indigeneity is something only Arabs possess, and in which the Jewish presence in the land of Israel – a presence older than Arab civilization itself – is recast as foreign intrusion. 

And until the Muslim world summons the honesty to look at the mosque sitting on top of someone else’s temple and call it what it is, its accusations of colonialism will remain what they have always been: the largest act of projection in human history – an entire political order accusing others of the very crime it perfected.



Reply


@kymaticakhyas
4 months ago (edited)
If the Zionist came and didn't believe that  anyone else existed or lived on the land, as Fida says, then why did they agree to a partition? Fida you are a liar and deceiver.  It was their ancient ancestral homeland they rightfully could have it all, yet they agreed to partition.



Reply


1 reply

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bedouin - Wikipedia 베드윈 ベドウィン

Bedouin - Wikipedia Bedouin Article Talk Read Edit View history From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Not to be confused with Bedoon . Bedou...