Transcript
they are not taught about the Palestinian and the conflict there no conflict there is no occupation there
are no Palestinians the whole country is ours and we inhabited they don't exist
but they do learn that anti-Semitism is worldwide that anyone who is not Jewish
is a Jew hater that we must keep a Jewish
majority so you know non-jewish minorities will not grow and become genocidal
welcome back to Soul Cube analytics where we dive into the pressing issues shaping our world today I'm your host
Thomas garat and in this episode we have the distinct honor of speaking again with Professor nid palet
elhanan imagine this you're a child sitting in a classroom flipping through
history books filled with horrific images of concentration camps executions
starvation M Graves and the faces of your own own ancestors edged in
Terror the Holocaust is everywhere it's not just history it's personal it's
drilled into your identity but here's the twist this fear this existential
Terror you being taught isn't focused on the Germans anymore no the Mortal threat
you are being told to fear comes from much closer to home it comes from your Arab neighbors
the ones Israel's leaders today call Nazis because nothing fuels unquestioning violence like the terror
of reliving the darkest chapters in Jewish history except this time you're not the
victim you are the soldier trained to see the face of every Arab as that of a new Nazi making it all too easy to pull
the trigger without ever asking why this is the world that new it lives
in Israel and the Virgin now exposes for the Insidious way it shapes young minds
as a mother who lost her daughter to a Palestinian suicide attack she could have easily joined the chorus of
hate but she didn't instead she asked the hard questions why do we grow up
fearing hating and dehumanizing the people living just beyond the wall how
does a nation use the trauma of its own past to fuel its future
Wars in her research nid lifts the Veil on how Israel's education system uses
the legacy of the Holocaust not as a lesson in preventing it but as a tool to
Justified the Holocaust is involved constantly not just to remind Israeli children of their history but to embed
in them a Relentless fear not of the Germans but of the Arabs and this fear
shapes them it primes them for military service it primes them to see Palestinians not
as human beings but as existential threat think about it by the time these
children grew up and put on a uniform they've been conditioned to see every Palestinian face as a danger every
protest is an act of War every stone thrown by a child as a bullet
fired and the results soldiers who carry out orders in Gaza and the West Bank
without ever questioning why they're doing it without ever seeing the human beings on the other
side but n's groundbreaking work doesn't stop at what's taught in textbooks it
goes deeper into the psy of a Nation at war with itself she shows us how
Holocaust trauma is wielded like a weapon in the classroom planting seeds
of fear that grow into acts of violence she shows us how the story of
the Jewish people's survival has been Twisted into a narrative that justifies
ation brutality and yes war crimes in this interview we are going to
unpack all of it we will be digging deep into how Israeli children are shaped
from basically day one to fear and hate and how this conditioning evolves into
the very acts of violence we see in Gaza today we will be asking the
uncomfortable question how does a history of Oppression become a blueprint
for perpetu in it but before we do a quick call to
action some of the best interviews on this channel are Shadow band which means YouTube is not presenting them to you
the fewer the latest example is my interview with James Bamford where we
discussed the truly amazing story that underlies Benjamin Nan's corruption
Scandal did you know that a Hollywood billionaire not only stole nuclear secrets from America but then sold them
to Israel and that n helped him to stay out of troubles to this very day and
then netan turned around and started to ask for favors hence The Bravery charges in Israel against him other examples are
the interviews with the so-called hammmer lawyer Stanley Kohan or the interview with the former Chief of Staff
of Colin Powell who told me that divite power in the test tube that Colin poell
showed the world when he testified at the UN just before the war war on Iraq
was actually so so if you're interested in content that apparently you're not supposed to
see content that goes against the mainstream narrative have a look at some
of the previous interviews that we have recorded for your pleasure and of course it really helps to spread the news if
you like And subscribe to this channel n pet elhanan actually Professor
nid pet elhanan I hardly dare to ask how are you
fine fine you you're understating is always yeah um for our viewers you were
kind enough to speak to me the second time the first time and I just looked was in February at this year this the
interview with you from the February did incredibly well I mean for such a small Channel and for such a niche topic yeah
you had more than 30,000 views yeah you have literally hundreds of comments on on uh in the comment section of the yeah
now the reason why I've asked you a second time is because in the first time we covered more General topics right uh
for example your family you come from a very very how shall I say this interesting and involved family involved
in the history in the making actually uh of the state of Israel yeah and this time I would really like to focus on
your work right now maybe I give it right away to you with my first question in a nutshell and without going into too
much detail how would you encapsulate the core of your work what is it exactly that you are doing that makes your work
so important and interesting I studied the discourse of
Education Israeli education okay but you do a very
specific thing yeah I did a lot of things I mean I studied many aspects of
um of this uh this course a language
written in oral language development at school classroom discourse and then I I discovered the
racism in classroom disc course especially towards Ethiopian
children and so I did about that um and then uh Second Language things
like that and then I started with the school books so I started to study the
the discourse of science which is at a base of educational
discourse and then I discovered the racism in the school books so uh this is
my yeah my current my last two books are about that
yeah and if anyone wonders how this relates to what's happening today how
would you answer this question because there's a there's a clear h I think I asked you this question in the first
time around and maybe I should be more specific because last time I wasn't there so my
take on this is that the indoctrination of Israeli children from early age on
from early life on has a correlation to what we see today in Gaza right and I
think you slightly disagreed when I said it this last when I said it the last time yeah because you know this is only
part of the education education is much larger you have a whole culture of uh
xenophobia of heterophobia of terrible fear of
others of traumatization through Holocaust Education which is my last
book so all these together you know uh form um and of course the
idealization of of being soldiers uh all this together
maybe amounts to what you see today in Gaza so textbooks are only part of it
yeah yeah so so you looked at the indoctrination that happens from within the classroom yeah so no no
indoctrination I didn't I never used this word Okay I uh I looked at the when
I studied textbooks I use I looked at the representation of what is called
others in Israeli school books because in Israel we have three I mean Israeli
was constituted against three groups of others the first one was uh diaspora
Jews East European Jews who were weak and feeble and studious and spiritual
and no muscles Zionism wanted Jews with muscles so they were despised especially
when they perished in the Holocaust the first Prime Minister benuron despised
them he said you can call me anti-sm I but I don't want anything to do with these Jews I'm ashamed of them and so on
and they set the tone um of the you know attitude towards
them East European Jews who perished like you know um ship to the slaughter and so on
so this was the first group before the Holocaust but also after and the second
group are the Arabs the Arabs who were assigned the role of our potential
exterminators after Israel befriended uh the other
Germany so again benon said that he's he's he's accepting the reparation money
from Germany in order to protect the country from the Nazi Arabs and that set
the tone against them and the third group is the non-european Jews who were brought to
Israel by the state to replace the you know the Jews For Whom the country was
meant to be and were exterminated uh but these Jews from Arab
countries mostly and African countries were not accepted as they are they only
wanted them bodily I mean to to maintain some kind
of majority within the borders but they had to give up their culture the
language their religious uh customs everything so these are the three groups
of others against whom Israel is constituted and we must ask
who are these Israelis you know it doesn't live too many but so this is what I wanted to see
how these groups are represented in school books my first book was solely
about Palestinians but my second book was about the three groups and the connection between like representation
of um uh Holocaust victims and the representation of the other
others okay because there is a connection between them okay and but I
never speak about indoctrination you know because in order to speak about indoctrination you have to study the
indoctrinated and I never studied that I mean you can see here and there but for
example in the um testimonies of soldiers from breaking the silence they always say
that I was brought up to think that whatever I do to the Palestinians will save us from another
Holocaust okay so here you see
indoctrination if we look at the Palestinians as as our group to be
examined yeah so and I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm getting more careful yeah so in your research you have shown that Palestinian
identity is systematically erased and demonized in Israeli textbooks now how early do these lessons
begin as far as you can tell yeah and How Deeply are the ingrained again I need to be mindful
about semantics yeah how deeply are they ingrained in the minds of young Israeli
children they don't exist Palestinians don't exist in
Israeli Consciousness or in Israeli discourse or in Israeli textbooks today
they're not there there is a very abstract notion of Terror threat problem
to be solved Etc but the people themselves are not narrated The People ourselves are
not represented they are not discussed nobody sees them Israelis don't see Palestinians until they become soldiers
really they don't see them they don't have anything to do with them and they don't think about
them and I think even again I believe it was your brother who told me that he saw
the First Palestinian when he was like 25 or something like no no when he was a soldier or when he yeah okay okay yeah
now what are some as far if you have some ready so what are some examples of the most dangerous biases or ideological
manipulations against semantics that the general public might completely be unaware of when it comes to to how
Israeli children are taught about the Palestinian and the conflict they are
not taught about the Palestinian and the conflict there no conflict there is no occupation there are no Palestinians the
whole country is ours and we inhabit it they don't exist but they do learn that
anti-Semitism is worldwide that anyone who is not Jewish is a Jew
hater that we must keep a Jewish majority so you know non-jewish
minorities will not grow and become genocidal uh that we should never trust
anybody but ourselves and so on and so forth you see it's not that they learn
anything about the neighbors it they only learn that the neighbors very
abstractly are dangerous that's all I recall that you
said the Arabs are only portrayed as dark dirty and on dys whilst the Israeli
portrayal in the in the school books is like this pristine you know Swiss Village everything is clean and and so
on that that's because my book the first book you're talking about is only until
2009 today it's different they don't exist at all but in the 90s and
beginning of 2000 there was an attempt to talk about them okay and they talked
about the palestin iians and about the PLO a little bit and about the Palestinian citizens now the Palestinian
citizens were presented as a demographic threat because they multiply so so much
and as a developmental burden okay because they are primitive
by Nature this is some kind of rational
racialization they were treated like a race that never changes okay they they don't like modernity they don't want to
be developed and so on and so forth H but then they disappeared altogether
from the school books and uh there's one school book I talked about from 2003 that whenever
they talked about the Arab they don't say Palestinians ever Arab citizens of
Israel the visual was a racist icon of some kind of Alibaba with a camel
I make it very black and white yeah on purpose yeah but would you say that the Israeli um that the Israeli education
system functions as a kind of mechanism for brainwashing young children into accepting a permanent state of conflict
yeah I mean as adults of course of course they have to to carry on you know at the age of 18 they have to go and
carry on this regime of occupation so of course so so the
Omission the complete omission of Palestinians from Israel School books is in itself already a a type of
manipulation sorry manipulation yeah what other mechanisms the the sorry yeah
no what other mechanisms are there yeah the thing I mean the ideal of Zionism
and then of the state of Israel was to westernize
ourselves okay to be rid of the East uh of the Eastern European
Jew of the Eastern Arab Jew and so on and so forth and the Erasure of
Palestine was also its Erasure from the East and its
um acceptance into the West so we are a Western Country and everything that's
Eastern or Oriental is erased okay so it's not only the
Palestinians it's also the history the very long history of Jews
in Eastern Europe and in Muslim countries and in Ethiopia it's all
erased I mean history started with Zionism history starts when you come to
Israel before that nothing nothing happen nothing is important we don't know anything
really we don't learn anything for example nothing about almost nothing about the Turks who were here for
hundreds of years so this is the the idea to
westernize the place I interviewed Professor abish who
is not who is not only a historian himself but he's also an Arab chw yeah coming from Iraq and he told the story
that you know he and his family were lucky but most of the others were not really received well in Israel no no
they were not received well they were disinfected they were pushed to the
margins of society and to the margins of the country to the to the Frontier um they were dispossessed with
the secret deal between Iraq and and Israel yes yes all of them Yemen Morocco all of them but and uh to this day I
mean almost four generations after they and their you know grandchildren and
great grandchildren are still discriminated are still discriminated there's a new study that just came out
and shows that the discrimination and the Gap is getting bigger and not
smaller that that leads me to a question that's that's not that's not on my on my list
here I've interviewed multiple people who said that basically Israel is a democracy for the a real democracy also
for the Arab Jews within Israel yeah what's it's not a real democracy for the
Arab Jews because they had to give up so much in order to be accepted and they're
still not accepted I'll give you one example when
ER in literature studies in in in school there where they
study an Arab Jewish writer even if he was born in Israel but
his parents were from they call it Oriental uh
literature mrai literature even Sami Mikel who is the one of the greatest
authors in Israel and was the head of the of the human rights organization in
Israel and so on it was an important man and a wonderful author he is under the rubric of Oriental
literature and there's another one Doran who was born in Israel and she is Israeli she is under this rubric but
when they study um an author that came from Germany they don't say a German or
a European author no they Israeli because this is the unmarked this is the
Israeli so it's amazing really they are still
ethnicities now all the Jews who came not from Europe are gathered under one
label orientals you can you know from India to
Yemen they are all the same and I don't know if you know there is a very famous
uh photograph of M gal a photographer where he had he holds nine
pages from a book of 400 pages and and it's and it it says this is all you get
the west and the rest so all these people who came from so many countries
and lived a very rich and harmonious life for hundreds thousands of years all
of them together don't get more than nine pages in a history book of 400 so
it's still going on not to not to speak about the Ethiopians who don't get
anything I wasn't aware of this Photograph but I was aware of course just note down mayor gal nine out of 400
yeah the rest the west and the rest he calls it I I will look it up yeah but I was aware of course of the split between
the sapharic and as asheni Jews right and the the the split in the in the
society where we saw the you know the they choose from European descent U
being the majority you know in for example in the high court and and these kind of things yeah yeah yeah that's
what I said discrimination and the Gap is getting bigger not smaller yeah yeah
but the in the Army in the University everywhere in the market and there are
many you know uh videos that are done by sociologist and so on where the same
job is offered to everyone and the ashkanazi guy gets it and then Sor he
doesn't get it and so on even today ashkanazi are not uh the majority
anymore that's that's the thing exactly there is there's a demogra demographic
change yeah which may have to do and correct me if I'm wrong here but the the Orthodox Jews are involved here
because how was it M no I'm mixing two things up now so the
the Orthodox there's also a shift because recently there were I don't know
if it's now mandatory or not but there really serious discussions to include them in the military which they which they refuse they get a lot of children
they they live from from the state so so that's one group that's one group no but that's that's another story Al together
yeah because they don't compete in the market see they don't work because they
don't work yes yeah they study yes but we talk about I fully
agree but the women work the women work but there is a demograph this is
one part of the demographic shift that's happens which undermines the majority of
the Jews of the European descent and the other group is the ones that we just discussed the Arab Jews right both so
the Orthodox Jews and the Arab Jews get many more children than the Jews from
European not anymore Arab Jews are just like anybody else I mean they came with a lot
of children and you probably know the story of the kidnapping of yate children and
so on they came with a lot of children but today the young ones now I mean they're just like everybody else but for
the Orthodox it's it's an ideal to have many children and even the Arabs you know
they say they multiply so much it's not it's not true anymore I mean I I interviewed Dan Perry from the
associate press uh a week ago yeah and he said they get seven children on
average per per family where the the the ultra Orthodox yeah yes that's right I
once had a a student who was a teacher with me when I taught high school and
then she came to University and she came to my course and so we ask her you know how
are you how are you how many children you have how many children you have and I said I have four children and she
said well in your sector I believe it is something she had eight in her sector
even eight is not enough yeah okay coming back to the topic of our interview here yeah from
children to soldiers yeah once the children yeah which on my tongue and in my mind is
still the word indoctrination because somehow for me it feels like some type of indoctrination but but I fully accept
what you said yeah but once these children grow into young adults yeah and serve and serve in the military how do
the ideas that they learned in school translate into real world violence which we are seeing today yeah how does the
psychological groundwork that they kind of pick up in school yeah in early childhood in childhood evolve when these
individuals are put in positions of power like we're seeing them uh who can ask that all the soldiers in the world
American European Russian Ukrainian yeah all the same Soldier is a
sold and that's what they do and that's horrible there are many differ there are
very few cases of refusal everywhere in the world everywhere in the world Americans in
Iraq British in Iraq uh Russians and so on very few I
mean this uh this process of soldiering is is is very very
uh it's really taming it's not you know it's taming and once you're tamed you do what
you have to do uh some of them do it happily yes but some of them say well
there are people who know much more than me and the one above they know what they're doing and some of them you know
they just want to get home I I I would argue that there's a real difference between Israel and let's
say the United States or even Russia yeah with the with the exceptions of the Orthodox Jews in in Israel almost
everybody is in the Army yeah right in America they take only the the poor ones
H yes in Israel everybody goes to the army yes and it becomes an ideal you see an ideal to be a warrior to be a fighter
to be a combatant yes this is really indoctrination because they do it from very early age from
kindergarten and uh it's very hard to find that very hard it was hard for me to fight it in my children but yes this
is one of the strongest I mean this is one of the of the great victories of of
Israel education that to be a combatant to be a fighter and those who refuse
after that you know after being in the Army for a while and they realize what they are doing and they refuse like my children
did um it's it's it's a very it's a very tough process of this illusionment
uh to realize what it's really all about it's not about protecting your country it's not about defending people it's
about something else but only few of them realize that H the others just
don't my next question kind of is almost self-explanatory yeah so
are there psychological mechanisms that you believe are intentionally designed to
desensitize let's say as I told you all the soldiers in the world do that I mean Americans went to
the other side of the world to do that why I mean in Israel
you you can say it's too close it's so close that maybe really the threat is is
is near the threat is felt in every house but Iraq what do they have to do
there why and they go not only for the money
some kind of of of ideologization and self- indoctrination
that they are doing the good thing the right thing and ER I don't know I don't know
but a soldier is a soldier everywhere that's the point in so Iraq is is is an extreme
example yeah but a very fitting one yeah yeah didn't know anything about the place they didn't know anything about
why they're going but they went to save America save
America I mean or Vietnam Etc you know all these things the soldiers or some of
the soldiers in Iraq engraved the twin towers and the Pentagon on their head
yeah sorry on the helmet yeah this shows the extent to which they were indeed indoctrinated
although President Bush later said I never said s had anything to do with
with 911 but the just definitely believed it and as a and as a consequence of they as brutal and as
destructive so what but he did never mind even if he had you don't go and
kill thousands of people ah okay just for that I mean there are other
ways it comes from the top leadership so the key moment for me was when mlin
Albright said on live television she found it Justified that uh uh
500,000 Iraqi children were staffed to death between the first and the second uh war in in Iraq yeah if that happened
to America from any other Nation yeah we would have had the third world war
already yeah but that also shows something about the indoctrination again
uh of the American population this is coming from the from the top leadership yeah another example I
interviewed Colonel Larry wierson who was was the chief of staff of Colin poell yeah and I'm sure you remember
this iconic image where Colin Powell in the UN showed this this glass tube with the white powder saying that Saddam
Hussein had the weapons of mass destruction yeah Larry Wilkerson told me that in
that test tube was actually salt yeah so I mean of course they will not take a
dangerous substance into the you know into the UN yeah but never nevertheless
it was it was the epiom of not only deception but also
indoctrination yeah that's how we live yeah so again from from your point of
from your research yeah what other mechanisms or strategies are being used
to to to to cultivate generation after generation of the generation of uh of
Israelis I don't want to say child soldiers because they're not although I mean we we both know that the neocodex
develops at least till 2123 so if someone goes into the into the war like in Vietnam average age was 19 they go
into the war without having the full mental capacity yet so in in Israel they go when in the Army what age 18 18 same
thing yeah well I think what what other the main thing is Holocaust Education Holocaust is the main component of
Israeli identity it's more than Zionism it's more than anything else Judaism
it's a holocaust and this is
um entrench into them from very early age in a horrible in a horrible way I
mean they are being traumatized year after year after year with the most
horrendous photographs and stories and reports about sadism and perversion and
the extermination and so on and uh nobody ever studied what what
the effect is but uh I'm sure it creates heterophobic
people um you know Susan Zang writes that she
accidentally came across a holocaust uh photograph when she was 12 and she said
my life is divided to before and after can you imagine
an Israeli child from the age of three and four fed with these stories and these
horrible horrible photographs so this is the main thing and the the rationale for this education
was after the 73 setback war of
Israel many people started leaving the country many young people they said okay this is not for
me and the idea was to find something that will force them to stay and be
loyal to the state so how do you do that you frighten them to death okay by by
the Gentiles and this is the main uh message of Holocaust Education it
happened to the Jews because they did not have a state and an army that's it from very young
age from very young from kindergarten and U I believe that this
traumatization and retraumatization for so many years does something to you
although there I haven't seen a research that really examines it but there are
books you know no haut wrote a wonderful book The Girl Who Stole My Holocaust
Aram Borg wrote you know to um to beat
Hitler and so on many people wrote about this what it did to
them so um I don't think you you can become normal after that it's not me
saying that it's it's people you know more more into the subject than me like
Professor Han aanka she says we teach them that we are victims nothing else we
teach them the pornography of evil year after year after year what do you expect after that what
kind of people okay and um this fear this this this
horror is ingrained you don't get rid of it ever
ever um I mean on one hand these victims are shown in the most contemptuous
way naked abused uh wounded Dead skeletons you
have it in school books so this is like disrespect for the dead terrible
disrespect for the dead and um and also you know you can say that when you show
naked children there's a law against child pornography but this the law does not
apply to Holocaust victims why not so on one hand is shown in this demeaning
way and from a Nazi point of view because all the photographs are taken
from Nazi archives so this Nazi perspective of the Jews come through as
factual as objective on the other hand it's a horrible I mean it's a worst
process of traumatization and the idea is that if we are not
alert it will happen again it's hovering above us all the time it's imminent but
it will come from the hands of the Arabs the Nazi Arabs even now in Gaza you see
the president the Prime Minister everybody calls the the the gazans Nazis Hamas are Nazis everybody's Nazi and
this is not um it is not a by mistake because if
they are Nazis you have to treat them like Nazis and bombard them like church
WIll bombarded The Dresden and so on but also when you say they're Nazis then the
threat is so frightening that you'll do everything to get rid of it everything
so this is the main thing the Holocaust Education
and high people in the Ministry of Education said that to punch them in the
guts okay so they the the the fire of Revenge will not die out but the revenge
is not against the Germans and the European collaborators but against the
subjugated rightless starved Palestinians who are suddenly have the
image of Almighty Nazis okay so I think this is the main
thing you said a couple of things yes and I observed the shift in language uh
from the beginning Al right after after October the 7 it was Isis yeah netan yeah and then after I don't know a
couple of weeks it changed indeed to na which indicates that that's again that's
a that's a conscious strategy yeah they're trying to to maximize yeah to
maximize on what they already have Indo and soldiers saying we are going to get the Nazis and so on they don't even know
most of them I believe who the Nazis were but same you know
so I think that's one of the reasons why what happened October the 7th and I
think we we can agree I spoke with the number of of subject Med experts on this on this topic it really went to I don't
want to say I don't want to say this subconscious but it really went to the core of jewishness this attack from
October the 7th because it's kind of a self self-fulfilling but a fulfilling prophecy right they want to get us yeah
right no it's also they didn't do it because of the siege they didn't do it
because they were starved by us they didn't do it because we destroyed their water system and they saw the swimming
pools and the sprinkles in the kibo no they did it because we're Jewish and everybody accepts that you
see they are the Third Reich okay these starved boys who came
to to to to rape and kill and I mean they were crazy they were
horrible but the context they take it out of context they do it also in the
books and in matriculation exams they give you uh a
list of um terrorist attacks by Palestinians without
context and they say these attacks made
Israelis identify with Holocaust Survivors and then they ask about it in
the matriculation exam choose one event and say how this event made Israel is ID
identify with Holocaust Survivors and this is in a chapter that is called the formation of Holocaust remembrance so
all you have there are these you know Palestinian terrorist attacks without
context and they did it because we are Jewish that's all and then our
jewishness I mean the vulnerability and the weakness Etc came to also during the
the Gulf War everybody was sure we are new sh yeah this is it this is the main the
main factor and it's not only Israelis yeah so right after October the 7th yeah
everybody is uh falls into the Trap of course yeah every every interview that I
saw in the first virtually every single interview started with the question what
do you think about October the 7th yeah like if there's no prehistory yeah and
then of course Ceres UN General Secretary was heavily criticized yeah he
was even requested to step down for his comments that October the 7th did not happen in the vacuum right yeah it's
very hard for people and uh of course Israel is and the you know the IRA
definition of anti-semitism and so on it all helps yeah yeah maybe you briefly want
to explain so IRA has a presented a how shall I say it a very
interpretable definition of of yeah antism and anti- Zionism and anti-israel
is the same thing so if you criticize Israel You're anti-semitic and it
works that's the question that I'm asking myself yeah I mean you can call an apple an orange as often as you like
but the the Apple will never become an orange an orange it will always stay an Apple so you can conflate anti-Semitism
with anti-seismic the everybody
does the German government does the American government does American universities do in Holland they do in
England they do everywhere in France every yeah but this is top down I completely get I completely get the
strategy because with that strategy you stifle any valid critic against the
state of Israel I completely understand why the leadership who are pro Israel do that yeah but that's why I say it's top
down but the people I'm talking with yeah they don't take
it they don't count for the moment they don't yes
yes okay um when we go into so out of
the classroom and Direction media culture and the reinforcement of militarism yeah textbooks and you said
it already yeah so textbooks are just one piece of the puzle yeah so how does the media the Israeli media perpetuate
this ideas I mean is completely censored self censored I just wanted to say
taking into consideration that the military even has a very strong influence on the media by what what was
it they have they provide trainings they provide career path from the military into the media so the media is pretty
much saturated with former logically because everybody almost goes into the into the army yeah not because of that I
think the politicians not the Army also yeah but are also from the from the Army
yeah but you know no today no most of them didn't go to the Army yeah today they ring government true yeah yeah the
yeah either they weren't fit mentally or they weren't fit because they were criminals or they just deserve they
didn't go but um the media in Israel has always been self censored all the time
we all we hear about our brave soldiers and so on and so forth that's all that's
all out of out of curiosity because I interviewed Gideon Ley twice last time
uh when the Twin assassinations in Lebanon and in Iraq sorry in Iran happened yeah but he works for the hares
so what what's your opinion in terms of you know being being self-centered for a I
think liberal hares is liberal in Israel again I'm not an expert most yeah most
yeah but even there you know you you have a limit so you have G Le I mean
they have these stars who are their opinioned but not uh yeah yeah it's it's
the most liberal the others are completely
bought again a question that I believe I know the answer but that there seems to be a national narrative and we know that
they built around this whole victimhood survival and the necess the necessity of military actions yeah left and right
yeah yeah that comes from the Holocaust we are the hereditary victims
and we must arm ourselves to our teeth in order to
survive but how far can this go I mean does it really prevent any critical
thinking there is critical thinking a bit a little bit yeah where where I
don't know gon Ley yeah okay yeah but but not not in the government I mean to I mean I should
have said it actually at the at the begin yeah so we recording this interview just is it now three or four days three or four days after this
incredible uh Israeli attack on the libanon with the on the first day two thou 3,000 Pages went off and on the
second day I don't know how many walkie talkies and other electronic devices in Lebanon supposedly all owned by Hamas
uh you know affiliated with Hamas yeah and I think I think yesterday a massive
bombardment of Israel onto libanon took place we saw I saw on
videos huge explosions with huge mushroom clouds I this is no this is no longer a small you know border dispute
shooting Rockets left and right yeah today there were Rockets near my
house Rockets from whom from Lebanon hundreds of from Lebanon hundreds of rockets in the north of the country
yeah everything is paralyzed no school nothing nobody leaves the house yeah I I I actually saw the north
of Liber sorry the North of Israel is deserted so 60,000 people have have
evacuated The Zone The Very North now they came a bit more towards hia and I live between AKA and hia so
they bombarded this area because in this area you have Raphael which is uh where
they develop weaponry and so on and you also have um all kinds of other things
but uh they didn't hit Rafael they hit residential
areas a few people died and many people are wounded and so on so forth yeah I'm
not there now but uh I live there and and every bombardment of that sort gives
of course netan and his rightwing government more ammunition to proceed the way they
do yeah I mean I was always wondering for for people like you with with how
shall I say this with with the knowledge that you have yeah and from my perspective the
objectivity that you have you look at the actual root cause of the issue yeah
living in Israel being actually bombarded from both sides I mean
metaphorically speaking bombarded from both sides yeah how how do you how do you cope with living in Israel if I if I
may ask I live in my house
you yeah but but you see the drama unfolding you in the so you're virtually
in the midst of it yeah you know the the actual as I as I said already the causes
the real causes going back decades yeah and we all see an escalation coming yeah
the you know how how does anyone live like this I mean there are the let's say the normal Israelis they are to a
certain extent indoctrinated but then the people like you or Gideon Ley or or or abish or name
live in Israel but Ah that's true he went to London yeah I don't think we matter I think
it's it's the simple people who who who lose their work who lose their
livelihood ever since uh October who lost their
homes uh and nobody cares for them nobody cares for them and there are
hundred of thousand of such people from the north and from the South were just
destitute destitute completely they have no house no work no livelihood no school
nothing these are the people to think about and nobody help them it doesn't matter what they think about it but they
are the victims the N that what I heard that netan is using now to uh to prepare war
with Lebanon is to to ensure that the 60,000 refugees from Israel from
Israel's very North can go back to the region before the winter that's I know
it's an argument I mean I I know but but the real reasons are we we will never know we know he wants the war to go
on yes that's very interesting one so please tell us from your perspective why do you no I won't go into it but
uh it's obvious I think he wants the war to go on in order to for the government
not to fall and so on how long can he still do that I mean wherever I look
also I mean I I stopped consuming news from our Western media bubble yeah I go outside
Global th yeah and wherever you go everyone talks about this Netanyahu has
a self-interest yeah to stay out of jail to prolong this War I mean if you really
if you really consider that depth of this tragedy it's just incredible that
one I mean it's it's very easy to to to think you know get rid of netan and you have to solve the problem no yeah that's
that's not the case yeah but there is certainly a a self-interest and and again Global the leader of the global
South are very lucid about that fact only by us here in the western media yeah 16% of the world population where
we get where we get virtually the same news bits sound bites yeah no matter in
which in which language it's it's presented yeah we're living in this in this bubble with with
totally deformed information and I can imagine the most and foremost in Israel
too the point is that nobody can do anything that's the point people are
being killed as we speak children are being killed and wounded and maimed as we speak and nobody can do anything
everybody talks and talks and talks nobody does anything to stop it but I
not other not again I mean renew demonstrations against the government in Israel so
what so what all the countries you know in the
world do nothing just as they didn't do anything during the Holocaust same
thing nobody does anything to stop it not America not Europe
not the Arab countries nobody nobody does anything to
stop it and that's the main thing I mean people can talk From Here to
Eternity do you have any inclination by that this maybe that's
Humanity that's it it happened so many times that's
Humanity nobody does anything when it happens in Sudan nobody does anything when it happens in China nobody does
anything when it happens in Africa South America no this is Humanity this is
human nature I mean you live your life sometimes you are shocked sometimes
you are there but you don't really do anything nobody does anything and the
few who do you know don't matter that's all I think I think this
time with Gaza it's a bit again maybe completely wrong yeah but I think it's a bit different because we have this
virtually Liv streamed genocide and again I know using
the word genocide is is is is Laden because you very quickly go into a semantic discussion what is genocide and
what is not it's judicial discussion it's a legal
discussion whether it is or not genocide but uh you know one of the most
important genocide scholars in the world Goldberg wrote that it was a
genocide but legal people say you cannot call it genocide because you cannot
prove intent that's the point but there is another word socio side that Johan
galung made up and there you only have to look at the actions and not the
intent and the intentions so you can call it socio side if you want but it
doesn't matter you know I interviewed Emeritus Professor Martin
Shaw just a week ago he say his interview will be published coming Friday and he said exactly what you said
um it's the intent that counts and you can prove intent I don't say that but this is a definition yeah okay yeah this is the
legal definition of genocide you have to prove intent and this is very hard but if you talk about socio side you don't
have you just see the actions yeah but but they they they haven't accepted the socio side yeah but but again when we
come back to to Gaza we there are more more arguments that we actually can prove uh intent based on the language Ed
on the genocidal language used but again it's not U I don't know you have to read
the legal stuff yeah yeah it's very hard to prove legally yeah but what but what
I wanted to say so out of Gaza come a nonstop come non-stop images of what you
may or may not call genocide yeah with the tragedy that happens in Gaza yeah and these images they go into people's
subconscious they can I don't know where they go but the people don't do anything about
it I would agree there is very little change very but there was a
recent Gallop study which showed that the younger people are the more they support Palestine supports Palestine but
nobody stops the war you see yes because support think of
Palestine is is is a European American thing nothing to do with Gaza
really it's it's it's a moment it's a moment and it's a great moment but it
doesn't lead to any action by anyone especially not by those
who who count I mean those who give the money and the weapons yeah it's it's an it's something
that it's between themselves Hamas was right Hamas was
wrong Israel right Israel wrong I mean it's it's it's kind of okay but then it
doesn't do anything it doesn't help Gaza some people do there are some
doctors and so on but it doesn't it doesn't go to the to the right channels
to Stop The Killing and to stop what is going on there nobody
does as far as you can tell in which direction are we walk in which direction are we going here
with the situation in gasa and the situation in Lebanon Where Do We Go From Here
disaster the real disaster now I know that a majority in
the growing number I mean it was a really high number of Israelis support what's happening in Gaza and a quite a
surprisingly High uh percentage even think what's done is not enough in Gaza
okay because they are all heated up you know but they could they could think differently if they were directed to
think differently if there was peace they wouldn't remember what it was what happened
before it was after Osa you know everybody forgot everything in two days
just went shopping you know in each other's shops this is not uh you
know but um there are many who don't support it you see the
demonstrations but uh it doesn't matter as long as you don't have the money and the weapons it
doesn't matter gon leby said the demonstration which are happening right now don't
matter because the people who are demonstrating are anyway not not voting for for netan so they can keep on
demonstrating and indeed it will not change anything yeah even if there are one million who
cares who cares it's not H it's we do it for ourselves you know you don't do it to
change the world you cannot you do it for yourself to tell yourself and your
children that you are on the right side but the gazans are not being helped
by that the Gins are definit definitely not being helped and it's it's you know the
time is in the world by anyone I mean from from a western
perspective you so the Palestinians the the word Palestinian and the word terrorism have so often been used yeah
throughout the years it it almost has has become synonymous yeah yeah in Israel it
is they call them Arabs unless it's Terror then they call them Palestinian
terrorists yeah yeah so that that doesn't make it much easier for I mean
again this is a generational thing yeah it's everywhere in the in the western media it's as long as I can remember
yeah it was always Palestinian terrorist Palestinian terrorist yeah that makes it easier for people to justify for
themselves yeah to to kind of avoid this this cognitive dissonance yeah for seeing those images that we see in in in
Gaza and then saying they're terrorists and then of course all of them are terrorists right there are who said it
there are no Innocents yeah there are no innocent Sasa these kind again we just have a volume of U what we
call language and society and each writer had to take an expression was
given an expression to write about you know the language developed
after 7th of October and my word was my expression was
uninvolved so the whole idea of uninvolved is a rhetoric gimmick to prove they are not uninvolved because if
you listen to the politicians and to the artists and and and singers and people
in Israel for them there are no un involved in Gaza even the children they are seeds of
Amal they are seeds of alal they should be exterminated with all the others nobody
now you brought now you brought the term up Amal you brought it up now you have to explain it so netan used the the
term the mythological biblical um enemy of Israel and there is a
commandment to remember what amalec did to you and to exterminate amalec and the
seeds of amalec so everybody is amalec all the all the all the enemies Israel
women children dogs tonies kill everybody that's Amal yes everything
yeah yeah yeah and so he you know he mentioned it because he knows what he
does yeah so they are all Amal I mean the president said there are no one
involved in Gaza and there was this uh Member of
Parliament her name is marav benari and she's she's not
identified with baby Nan but she said also they the children brought it upon
themselves how can they you know yeah yeah I I tried I tried to put myself
into Gaza which since 2006 since 2006 is ruled by Hamas right since then you have
this Siege so you have a whole generation a new generation of young people don't know anything else well
those who committed the 7th of October are exactly these
children plus they were starved for years plus they had no hope for anything
couldn't go anywhere couldn't study couldn't I mean everything was
restricted and um and of course this breeds hatred and
it breeds violence and it breeds whatever we saw are you aware of the
location uh of this music festival that that took place October yeah it's a
yearly thing every year they have this how far is it away from the from the
separation with Gaza do you know no I can ask my husband wait
momy momy NOA
5 kilometers okay so theoretically they could have heard it right from Gaza they
could have heard the music of course they did I mean there's life there there's
good life there and I told you swimming pools and sprinkles and they don't have clean water for how many
years it breeds hate it breeds violence it breeds the most horrendous things that
we saw on the 7th of October and we know also from from studies and
this is true for any country the most danger the most dangerous demographic group anywhere are young unmarried males
up to I think between 16 and 23 yeah that's the most demographic most risk-taking democracy in any country
well they are the soldiers from 18 to 21 yeah yeah yeah I mean because they are
very enthusiastic they're very idealistic they're energy they want to
to do something and uh politicians take you
know take advantage of it yeah can we briefly yeah can we briefly um come back
to you last time we spoke you no longer work where you
worked right so maybe you briefly want to outline what
happened I mean I I'm aiming on this because I have not interviewed the the number of people
who lost their jobs I lose my job I quit I know I know I know I didn't say you
that I did specifically not say you you lost your job so that's why I invite you tell us what happened not so dramatic
yeah I wrote in a closed WhatsApp group of the teachers of my college what I
told you now you know that 7th of October is the result of Siege and so on
and I quote a jumpo South uh where he said that uh after
years and years that your heel is on his
neck and you let him breathe and you let him look at you what
kind of look do you think you'll see in his eyes and I wrote this is the look we saw on 7th of October and somebody
snitched to the president who is very rightwing from the group The closed
group and he wanted to suspend me and then I think his legal advisers
told him he cannot do it because this is a there are procedures
for that you know and then I said that he um and then he wrote a letter that
I'm a terrorist supporter and then I Justified the murder and so on and so forth put it in my file personal file
and I said if he doesn't take it out I will not come come back to work and he didn't take it out and I did not come
back to work that's a cool story well there is more to that but you
know I was summoned to the police after that and things like that with some story about a video that
I loaded uploaded where I praised the murderers and and and and and curse
Israeli soldiers and I said where is the video and the investigator said the
video is gone but people saw it what people cannot tell you but then he said
forget it go home he didn't really know who he's talking to but there was a whole you know and
the far right uh journals wrote horrible things about me and so on and so forth
but now it's quiet and that's is it do you have other examples um of
Israeli academics who was who were silenced yeah yeah there's the teachers
who were who were fired H there is
another shalov from the Hebrew University who was slandered and you know treated
terribly by by the university and so on yeah but especially teachers School teachers both Arab and Jews of course
the Arabs had much harder time than the Jews but
uh yeah and it's going on on it's still going on now there is a case of another
teacher and they go back to what somebody wrote on his Facebook years ago to to do that yeah the minister of
Education asked for names give me names they give me names like you know McCarthy so I was one of the names let's
say and they yeah the atmosphere is very very very heavy
very yeah yeah there's there's one if if a me yeah there's one thought in my mind
yeah so Israel and other countries go more and more to the right yeah but
Israel is an extreme example but don't people realize that sooner or later the
right-wing government will turn against them too it already
does because it doesn't bring back the kidnapped and they don't care about the people who lost their homes and the
works and everything I think this is one of the realizations the hard realizations of
people here because they always thought that these people who are so ruthless
towards Palestinians would be protective towards them and now they realize that they are
as ruthless not as but they are ruthless towards them as well but you
know yeah because you said the hostages yeah they
still and the people as I told you who lost their lives
with no way no homes no work no livehood nobody helps them nobody
cares and this is something people did not anticipate yeah and if you say
people to make it again very black and white which segment of Israel's population do you mean with the people
everybody I think it's it's the realization that this is what what is going on yeah is is it true I really saw
some staggering numbers but I have no way of of confirming yeah is it true that virtually hundreds of thousands of
of Israelis left Israel since October the 7th it may be
yeah okay yeah okay n you were very generous with
your time is there anything that you would that we didn't discuss what what you would like to add no it's all right
may may I ask you what is your husband doing professionally my husband well
he's retired also but he was a graphic designer and then he was the CEO of the
Family Forum Palestinian and Israeli bed families you know the organization I
believe and now he's very active in this line he's not the CEO
anymore and he travels all over the world with a Palestinian partner
and the pope invited them twice this year yeah I was very impressed by them
and there's a very known and er full of
prizes and awards book that was written about them it's called a paragon you can
write you can read it and this is what he does okay you you spiked my interest I
might come back to you on that one no no okay look for a paragon good my character there is not
true because I did not cooperate with the writer so he made up some character but he did Co they did cooperate I mean
he was here for five years and he really people say it's a great book can you repeat the author
palaman palaman paradon yeah he's a very known author Irish lives in America he
teaches in America yeah very very known as his a very awarded he has a lot of
prizes and this book was translated to I don't know how many languages 20 something okay also Italian and the pope
read it that's the point what a story yeah okay he invited them to
tce will he go no they already went if you Google my
husband Ramel Kanan you'll find the whole story of about the pop I will I will yeah n thank you very much for your
time it's really appreciated thank you thank you for tuning into salt Cube
analytics we hope today's episode gave you something to think about and challenged the way you see the world if
you enjoyed the show don't forget to subscribe or follow us and leave a review or a comment your feedback helps
us keep questioning the status quo for more insights and discussions follow us on YouTube Rumble Tik Tok Twitter
Spotify app podcast or any of your other prepared podcast platforms until next
time stay informed stay curious and remember always look beyond the
headlines [Music]
===
1,057 Comments
Sejin Lifeforce 生命
Add a comment...
@privat9538
9 months ago
May this Woman have strong and vigilant guardian angels by her side.🙏🏼
75
Reply
@mebdoc
1 year ago
The Peled family are legendary.
55
Reply
@JJ-gp3bo
1 year ago
Thanks Prof. Nurit Peled-Elhanan
102
Reply
@SRHD123-zt5jz
1 year ago
Correction , Iraq war was orchestrated by netanyahoo, and carried out by neocons.
16
Reply
@vladimirleninputin
8 months ago
She is spot on 👍💘🤍🌹🕊️🙏🙏🏻🙏🏿
9
Reply
@HHH_NEWZ
1 year ago
This guest answered many of my questions. All the best
104
Reply
@fredhayward1350
1 year ago
Educational indeed. Thank you both.
34
Reply
@CatLady3333
9 months ago
A powerful interview.
16
Reply
@johnhandily2943
1 year ago
How terrible! It should stop immediately. We've been terribly deceived by terrible people!
64
Reply
3 replies
@mikelmiller1259
9 months ago
Excellent commentary thnx
6
Reply
@bluplaneter
1 year ago
Criminally underrated video.
Criminally underrated channel.
This was mind-blowingly educational.
170
Reply
@MD-bu3xc
1 year ago
This woman's work is so important. Everyone should know what she is saying.
255
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
5 replies
@Olive_999-v6v
1 year ago
Im surprised there was no mention of the hannibal directive.
30
Reply
1 reply
@curaticac5391
1 year ago
Respect to the Peled family!!!
64
Reply
1 reply
@cristinakasselas555
1 year ago
Mrs Nurit Peled and her brother MIKO PELED are some of the finest people on earth, we are so grateful for all your work !
214
Reply
2 replies
@paulmc6940
1 year ago
Excellent, thanks 👏👏👏🙏
32
Reply
@conniecarrozza5105
1 year ago
These schools exist in Canada funded by charities that pay zero taxes.
8
Reply
@maruzande
11 months ago
As long as thinkers like this lady exist, we human beings still have hope of improving, of progressing, of becoming better, even taking many steps backwards, as is happening in this time, in this dark phase of humanity.
27
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
1 reply
@profmyrta2857
1 year ago
What a sick society brainwashed children's mind this way. As an educator I really feel disgusted.
14
Reply
@Brianbeesandbikes
1 year ago
Crucial info to share. THANKS!!
15
Reply
@lornafw
7 months ago
Excellent So informative. An indictment of humanity Nurit pulls no punches. And this was ten months ago. Shame on us.
2
Reply
@NotInMYName_AntiZionistJew
8 months ago
Thank you for all of your good work, SCA. 💙 Thank you also, Nurit Peled-Elhanan. 💜
7
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
1 reply
@sharonrichards1627
1 year ago
Think of the repercussions if anyone did the same against Jews?!!!
8
Reply
@JorgeSalinas-v1i
9 months ago
Thanks for showing a different view of what's going on in the world
19
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
1 reply
@Vlora1vlora
1 year ago
Stop genocide in gaza.Netanjahu in HAGA
10
Reply
@mariamckenzie2009
9 months ago
Thank you for saying the truth, for educated people and for being a.good human being.
6
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
1 reply
@skunkape5918
8 months ago
The Palestinians and Peleds are God's chosen people ☦️ ❤️ 🕊
6
Reply
@heide9755
1 year ago (edited)
Algo made it possible, thx for this great inspiring interview, changed my view of Israel🌷🇩🇪
11
Reply
@bartlemmons1704
8 months ago
God bless thos woman for speaking out.
1
Reply
@cheri238
1 year ago
Thank you,Thomas, for having Professor Nurit Peled-Elhanan on with this important discussion. She is a very wise woman who enlightens us with her story, her writing, and experiences, and I thank her and her family.
Here in America, Jewish Americans had their own text books to teach children about the love for Israel. I knew of this because I had Jewish & Palestinian friends.
A wonderful documentary by Aljawera on Oct. 24, 2024:
Israelism: The Awakening of Young Jews: Featured Documentary
It follows Simone Zimmerman, who visited Israel as a teenager & and Eitan, who joined the Israeli army after graduating high school. Both learned the reality for the Palestinians and radically changed their views.
This documentary interviews with academics and political activists, including Noam Chomsky , Cornel West, Lara Freidman & former dierctor of the Anti- Defamation League Abe Fohmann.
All should watch this documentary.
Peace and Love ️
41
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
1 reply
@cardanotony1097
1 year ago
Mrs Peled , Thomas thanks very much for
💚❤️💚
3
Reply
@greenlover701
8 months ago
Thank you, Mrs. Nurit Elhanon and Salt Cube. I've heard Miko Peled also. So much wisdom in your family. The world should know about the mind control strategy she describes, in order to shut it down; "america's" education about our shameful, evil history is more subtle, but also racist, reckless, and pro-imperialism.
7
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
1 reply
@KeveryKat
9 months ago
This was the BEST discussion I have SEEN on the topic, thank you so much for broadcasting this perspective.
Please tell me what do we DO to ACTUALLY get this to STOP! I would love to know how to help the Palestinians AND Israelis, this is such a sad situation QUICKLY destroying BOTH peoples. Im so sorry to hear these things, but I appreciate the TRUTH.
8
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
1 reply
@isamkamel
1 year ago
Thanks for inviting Peof. Nurit Peled-Elhanan
4
Reply
@rosered6600
1 year ago
The US is using judeo Christian teaching for the same purpose.
34
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
4 replies
@MeeMaw-m8m
1 year ago
I very much appreciate Nurit Peled-Elhanan's realistic perspective, and frankness.
14
Reply
@spaceman9599
1 year ago
Excellent interview with a shining beacon of courage in dark times.
13
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
2 replies
@juju2B
8 months ago
I needed to hear this perspective, thankyou for this conversation.
2
Reply
@habsa8855
1 year ago
This should be studied in Universities and High schools in US and Europe.
21
Reply
3 replies
@JohnCrawfojo
8 months ago (edited)
Fascinating interview it answered a lot of questions Thank you
2
Reply
@kamilla1960
1 year ago
Thank you 🙏
39
Reply
@My_DNA_told_me_to_do
1 year ago
A very evil system 🤷♀️💁🏻♂️
12
Reply
@shukamargolin
9 months ago
Thank you both so much
7
Reply
@MD-bu3xc
1 year ago
My husband who has passed away by his own hand grew up in a family where the holocaust was the foundation of every decision made and he was so deeply traumatized growing up in this atmosphere that it darkened every aspect of his life and personality. I believe it was eventually the cause of his death in a very violent way, at his own hand in 2018.
115
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
16 replies
@Lidafkidaf
1 year ago
Sick society creates sick people
19
Reply
2 replies
@giuseppefornari5777
1 year ago
Great interview, thanks.
15
Reply
@lcbrittain
1 year ago
I love the Palestinian embroidered shawl Nurit is wearing. It’s a lovely statement of solidarity.
97
Reply
2 replies
@AB-db4df
1 year ago
The concentration of power, control and wealth.
8
Reply
@MIKEMIKE-te2dt
1 year ago
Thanks for this informative interview!
5
Reply
@jaynesimmons2403
1 year ago
What an interesting interview that was. Thank you
6
Reply
@OhDearOhDear69
1 year ago
Wow, even the title of this video is very impactful. Can’t wait to watch it through!
24
Reply
@matthewfranklin8379
1 year ago
Nurit’s analysis on literary education cuts through to the heart of the problem about dehumanisation at a formative stage. She is a blessing.
25
Reply
@HypatiaMuse
1 year ago
Thank you for posting this interview, this woman is a gem.
16
Reply
@TheHoodVoice2024
1 year ago
The evil grandma at the beginning says a lot about how they’re raised.
5
Reply
@mohammednoori7474
1 year ago
Impressive interview with lots of insightful facts
16
Reply
@zibtihaj3213
8 months ago
41:34 now that is scary … in school books …. Wooowwwwwww.
1
Reply
@foofkanon
1 year ago
This woman is no nonsense.
19
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
1 reply
@tagucilalpa
1 year ago
I salute both the interviewer and producer of the documentary and the Professor Nurit. ❤ These are the voices and conversations the world needs to hear right now... for peace!
74
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
2 replies
@mystictraveler8642
1 year ago
Americans are programmed this way as well but the diversity of people and voices makes it less extreme here compared to israel.
26
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
1 reply
@yannkitson116
1 year ago
Impressive woman. Thank you.
33
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
1 reply
@ramonamk56
1 year ago
I never understood How any Mother would let her Children go to an Army,...and fight and die for a small " Elite" of Warprofetiers.
10
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
2 replies
@roshp3577
1 year ago
This was refreshing—an Israeli with a conscious who has brown e free from the Zionist matrix!
3
Reply
@KeveryKat
9 months ago
Professor Nurit Elhanon, thank you so much for your perspectives, this answers so many questions for me. I am so sad to know this is the way children are being molded in Israel, but it totally explains the condition of attitudes and behavior that I am seeing so much of now. God bless you and keep you safe!
10
Reply
@Martinroadsguy
1 year ago
28:35 "In America they take only the poor ones." I felt that.
5
Reply
1 reply
@bluelola4480
1 year ago
What a brilliant lLady! Thank you for this interview.
5
Reply
@frazel22
1 year ago
Prof, we love you, we need you, please dont stop fighting
6
Reply
@avaandlilah8133
1 year ago
No degree of inferiority in weapons, numbers or economic power could defeat a nation truly committed to independence. Americans didn't learn this lesson in Vietnam. Even Poland "ceased to exist" for 100 years; not any map! And then reappeared in the 20th century. Palestine will be free. This is inevitable.
10
Reply
@mikeymileos
1 year ago (edited)
27:45 there's a major difference. Most people in the world are not raised to believe there's a vague threat that DEFINITELY wants to kill them since childhood
5
Reply
1 reply
@Suarez-rw2zy
1 year ago
Dear Mrs Nurit Elhanan thank you for your insightful and thought provoking thoughts in what's going on in Israel. May you and your family have peace in mind and in life. Thank you for your humanity.🙏🙏
73
Reply
1 reply
@patriciaodea8901
8 months ago
What courage!! She is marvellous!!!
Reply
@harrikiiskinen1571
1 year ago
Thank you professor; and Thomas,; thank you so much.
24
Reply
1 reply
@veridianacarvalho9209
1 year ago
That's a wonderful and very enlightening interview. Thank you
22
Reply
1 reply
@dinnerwithfranklin
1 year ago
Thank you Thomas. You asked some very interesting questions.
10
Reply
@maritlebliss
1 year ago (edited)
Oh my God! I love the author and planned to read it.
6
Reply
@marcoborraz3763
1 year ago (edited)
Great program. Professor Peled’s participation is illuminating. I admire her transparent honesty to describe Israel’s strategy to form cruel Israeli soldiers and citizens who don’t see Arabs as humans. I was lucky to listen to her. People like her might save Israel from its own destruction (thanks to Benjamin Netanyahu) because I don’t think she’s a cultivated human being and she’s not a blindfolded fanatic. I’ve got to read her books. Brave and smart woman.
30
Reply
2 replies
@IronJazz99
1 year ago
I encountered Orthodox Jews living in a NYC housing project. They were poor,on public assistance. The predominate feeling I got from them was "Fear and Parinoia". A lot of African Americans are driven by this,also. Whole groups can be traumatized..Trauma effects your thinking and action.
28
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
2 replies
@ashleyKennedy5
1 year ago (edited)
Her book is totally out of date and needs a re-write because the racist society she wrote about has gone beyond racism! I now can understand why there were riots in support of rape. Deviancy is the new normal in Kahanistan.
It is strange that Nurit doesn't think intent to genocide hasn't been proved. Intent to genocide is normally the most difficult element to prove, in the case of the Kach regime of Tel Aviv intent to genocide is the easiest element to prove as genocidal statements were made in public and no attempt was made to hide intent to genocide.
34
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
15 replies
@eufl
1 year ago
Great interview! Thank you!
8
Reply
@vasjahafner8162
1 year ago
Excellent interview. In depth, non black and white, deep in place analysis ... This is what is of value and not public manipulation info from any political side...
19
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
1 reply
@timmcdraw7568
1 year ago (edited)
You can order her book. Its really worth it. Its a study but its written in a way that everyone can engage with. But i warn you - it is insanely frustrating! That children’s education would be used as an opportunity to mold minds into seeing the world like that, other people, and themselves, just so that they can keep this ideology for another generation.
17
Reply
1 reply
@lmcgready
1 year ago
Thank you!
6
Reply
@GraziellaCurreliSculpteur
1 year ago
Wonderfully intimidating woman! "Maybe that's humanity..." "Everybody supports Palestine but nobody stops the war"... This woman strips your hart naked! Thank you Thomas for inviting her again and Thank you Madame for accepting the invite!
102
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
13 replies
@giulianoardis370
1 year ago
Thanks prof. Nurit for the informative
14
Reply
@yolakin8210
1 year ago
Thank you for posting.
7
Reply
@ValentinIonita-t4l
9 months ago
I like her. She is bluntly realistic. Many won't like what she say but she speak sense.
16
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
Replies
@lerkkweed
1 year ago
Thank you so much for this, both of you. A critically important piece of the puzzle.
9
Reply
@LeRoiDelaRue
1 year ago
Very illuminating Thank you
7
Reply
@Mary-il6zz
1 year ago
If you are taught exceptionalism, you will never learn we are all a part of humanity. I was taught in Catholic schools and we learned that we must take care of the poor, the sick and all that struggle. We are all children of God.
71
Reply
5 replies
@addyhadmelike655
1 year ago
congrats on 10k subs Thomas. I'll be here still when you hit 100k then 1m. One of the most important channels on Youtube
21
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
1 reply
@gcmlrd12
1 year ago
Thank you once again for the informative post.
5
Reply
@Wan-Malaysia
1 year ago
This is an important if not timely video. I hope it tries to overcome the defence walls of a viewer who is already prejudiced. For the extremist nothing can be done.
41
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
2 replies
@nausicaa_moon
1 year ago
Thank you, from one German to another, to use your voice and platform for humanity! This should be part of our commitment and promise to Jews and humanity, to be anti-genocide in ANY context and dismantle dehumanisation ideologies ❤️❤️❤️
64
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
3 replies
@Wan-Malaysia
1 year ago (edited)
Prof Nurit's refrain,"Nobody does anything. Nobody does anything. Nobody does anything." It's a vvv meaningful echo. Reminds me about parents telling children to finish eating everything because there are starving children in Africa. Words misused, abused to achieve a "selfish" end that is not really related to the reality ie about helping these children. It's really true people like to bitch about everything but do nothing themselves. And I mean doing something really helpful like Code Pink. This reminds me of people who claim their religion is the correct one but their lives lived without helping anyone sometimes even themselves.
20
Reply
1 reply
@LadyBug1967
5 months ago
I could have told you that and I did to people I knew a quarter century ago after 9/11 and the word terrorism was brains thrown around in America like it was candy. It would be turned against its own people and it has been and even someone like Tulsi when she was either in contention for the homeland security position or does she gotten it I think it was prior she was held up in an airport and scrutinized for many hours because she's on the terrorist list. That's how it works with evil. You treat people evenly by reducing them to one word it will be boomerang back to you. Just know that. The old-fashioned slogan was those who killed by the sword will be killed by the sword and so it goes
2
Reply
@f.m.9531
1 year ago
There was and is a lot of refusal in the Ukraine military but the mainstream does not report on it.
7
Reply
@nitajean9885
1 year ago
Whoever is telling you that background music is a good idea is wrong
3
Reply
@exunitaevires
1 year ago
Holy Smokes! This is going to be an amazing video! ❤
2
Reply
@michaelfoley3777
1 year ago
Absolutely brilliant analysis!
Most Sincerely Michael Foley 🤔
16
Reply
1 reply
@Peta8888
1 year ago
Thank you both, this needs to be heard by everyone. I've shared on my socials and hope my comment helps with the algorithm
17
Reply
SaltCubeAnalytics
·
1 reply
@damienflinter4585
1 year ago (edited)
Doing nothing is NOT 'humanity'...it is the opposite, inhumanity.
There were human efforts against Nazism also, The White Rose students in Munich spring to mind.
Humanity resists brutality, but the power has been captured over millennia by organised savagery.
19
Reply
@ellencooney5563
1 year ago
I am sorry, but Please do not be sooo defeatist. Jesus, Yeshua lives!
1
Reply
@egay86292
1 year ago
all you are saying is being inhuman is human.
Reply
@damienflinter4585
1 year ago
@egay86292
Nope.
Thats your statement.
I suggest you reread mine.
Reply
@JLaw1226
8 months ago
Apathy is the greatest sin of all. 😢
Reply
Hide replies
@pattyhoge1725
1 year ago
Very interesting interview. Thank you.
3
Reply
No comments:
Post a Comment